Friday, May 8, 2015

Lots of fun; Lots of calories

Yesterday was a great day for fun and a terrible day for calories.

I wanted to eat only raw veggies, fresh fruit, and my can of tuna for lunch at the picnic.  Well, I should have brought the raw veggies because no one else did.  Thankfully, I brought the fruit and tuna.  Unfortunately, I ate mac and cheese, a little green bean casserole, and two deviled egg halves.  It didn't seem like a lot, and I was hungry in just an hour or two, BUT it added up to nearly 700 calories.  Ridiculous.

Then we ate dinner out at a really cool AAA recommended restaurant in Plant City.  We knew they had salad bar and baked tilapia, and I thought that would be perfect.  Unfortunately, except for lettuce and tomatoes, the salad bar consisted of only foods in dressings like potato salad, cole slaw, carrot slaw, several types of macaroni salad, and a lot of things in vinegar like olives and cucumbers.  UGH.  I ate a salad full of more calories.  Then the two sides we could select did not include any that were green veggies because everything had bacon in it, even the zuchhini and tomato choice.  So....Mark and I both ordered mashed potatoes without the gravy and the breaded okra.  I didn't even TRY to add up all those calories.  I went WAY over my calories yesterday, so of course I'm up two pounds today.

And there was no exercise yesterday either except for some slow wandering around in antique shows.

And did I mention the wine tasting?  The Keel and Curley winery gives you 8 choices of wine for only $10, and the pours were at least two ounces each. I didn't like two of mine, but I drank ALL of the other six, so twelve ounces of wine.  Most of them were sweet wines, so that could easily have come to another six hundred calories or more.  Yeah, no surprise I'm up two pounds today.

Now it's Friday, so I will be heading to water aerobics shortly, swimming laps, and going to the gym.  I will also eat all of my meals at home, so I'm hoping I can undo yesterday's damage fairly quickly.

Here are some pictures from yesterday's fun.

Mark talking to Pat and Bill Staley at the NARFE picnic.

Mark and Bill enjoying the gorgeous weather and environment.

The lake at Medard Park is beautiful.


Then we drove about 20 minutes up the road to meet Janet and Steve at the Keel and Curley winery.

Very tasty wines!

The eight I picked were mostly white and mostly sweet.  I ended up buying a bottle of Strawberry Resiling to bring home.

Tasting the sangria, which I also liked very much.

Walking around the grape vines.

Dinner....where "Good Home Cooking" means plenty of bacon and mayonnaise.

Mark loved the cowboy motif.

No comments:

Post a Comment