Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Doctor visit today

In 1983, at age 58, my mother died of colon cancer that had spread to the liver by the time it was found.  HER mother also died of the same thing at age 60 back in 1958.  So...that means that I started having colonoscopies in my 40s. I have them every five years whether I need it or not, and this is the year.  So far nothing has ever been found, not even the smallest polyp.

It will be my first one here in Florida, but Mark has already had one here, so I'm going to the same doctor he used.  This morning I have the preliminary meeting in his office to turn in papers, have a talk and little check up, and set the date for the procedure. 

Then I get to reward myself with a nice mani/pedi at Nature Hair and a performance of three original one-act plays tonight written, directed, and performed by the Solivita Theater Group.  Should be a fun day.

I had a very good day yesterday with food, eating only what I planned, staying right on my calorie allotment of 1560 calories, and exercising a LOT.  Unfortunately, I made the mistake of NOT putting the scale away yesterday and getting on it this morning.  I'm up half a pound.  No real big deal because my sodium was a little up yesterday.  I ate a cup of noodle soup that provided more sodium than usual even though the calories were fine for the day.  Today's food will be fine also, but there will be no exercise because of all the other appointments.  Maybe I can get a walk in at some point if I'm lucky.  I'm going to get on the scale again tomorrow, and I bet there is a drop tomorrow.  Then I should hide it, right?  LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment