Monday, May 11, 2015

Oh Happy Day

I lost 1.4 pounds for the week and down 11.2 total since we got home on Wednesday, April 15.  That's better than I had realizes, so I'm right on track.  The past week was a struggle, but it paid off.

This upcoming week is going to be a challenge because of three nights in a hotel and a convention.  Potentially, that is a lot of meals eaten in restaurants and no exercise.  Mark and I have talked about it, and I think we have a solution.  The room in the Rosen Center has a mini-fridge for sure.  We plan to take all of our breakfast and lunch items to the room and avoid restaurants for those three breakfasts and lunches.  We also plan to eat at the nearby Denny's for Tuesday and Wednesday nights' dinners.  Thursday is a convention banquet that we have prepaid for, so that will be the one meal we eat out.  There is also a great pool at the Rosen Center, and we will take our bathing suits in case there is time to get in and do some exercise.  So that's the plan and next week we'll know how it goes.  I am not going to pack the scale for those three nights, so I hope I get a good surprise when I get on the scale next Monday.  In fact, I plan to hide it away today and not check again until next Monday. 

My calories for today are already planned out and looking a little light.  I might actually have to plan to eat more! My new allotment is 1550 (only 6 calories taken for this pound off), and I've only planned 884 to eat.  The exercise will deduct 480, showing a net intake of 404.  That's really way too low, almost starvation level.  I will have to add something else.  Right now, here are my menus for the day:

Breakfast:  the usual yogurt and sausage links for 200 calories
Lunch:  the current usual of a can of green beans and a can of tuna for 190 calories.  I have been eating an orange or some kind of fruit with that, but I am out of fruit right now.  I might stop at the store on the way home from the Cove to fix that.
Dinner:  Mark's Triple Pepper and Butternut Squash Chili with a tossed salad with cheese for 350 calories.
Snack:  Arctic Zero for 144 calories.  I usually have a banana at night, too, but I'm also out of them. 

I really do need to stop at the store.

If I shop today and eat a banana and an orange, that will add an additional 167 calories.  If I eat one extra sausage for another 40 calories, I'll be up to 207 additional calories, bringing the day up to 1091, or 610 net after exercise.  Still a little low, but I'm going to go with that for right now. 

Today will be a nice, normal Monday.  My normal Monday is 10:30 a.m. water aerobics at the Cove, lunch at home, 1-4 p.m. mah jongg at Maureen's house, 4:15-5 weight lifting at the gym, and then a relaxing evening at home playing on the computer, reading my book, working my jigsaw puzzle, and watching TV.  A perfect day, I should say.

Happy Monday to everybody else.  Hope your day is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment