Thursday, December 3, 2015

Another senseless shooting. I'm ranting. Don't read if you don't want to read a rant.

There is something terribly wrong in our country.  I am so saddened to hear about the workplace shooting yesterday in San Bernadino, CA.  This young man, same age as Evey ad Eric, worked there for five years.  He was at a holiday party recently.  His co-workers had a baby shower for him and his wife.  Then he got angry about something, but instead of talking it out, or just walking around the block to cool off, or take a drive around like I used to do until I was over it, he went home, got his wife, turned their six month old child over to his mother, gathered up all his high-powered guns, and returned to the workplace to shoot and kill many of his co-workers.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR COUNTRY?????

Something has to change.  I am so sick of hearing of this.  No one should have that much weaponry in his home for his personal use.  I am not anti-guns.  I have no problem with people having a hunting rifle, a gun in the home for protection, a weapon to shoot a snake or wild animal if you are out in the desert or forest alone.  THAT is no longer what we have here.  Why should an individual be allowed to buy that much weaponry?  When will our country have the guts to put a stop to this?  Isn't our technology up to a national data base?  If someone buys an AK47 one day and then goes to buy another one or something else equally deadly a few days later, can't the computer tell the shop owner that information and say, NO.  You can't have another one.  SOMETHING.

I'm not the smartest person in the world, or the deepest thinker, but surely those deep thinkers are out there.  Surely we still have enough people in our country to come up with a solution.  Our society is broken.  I am now convinced of it.  Something has to change.

End of rant.

Last night we had our big rehearsal for Guys and Dolls.  It went well.  Tonight is the dress rehearsal and then there are three shows in a row.  I'm singing my solo tonight and tomorrow night.  It's a tough one because of the breath control needed.

This morning we are going to the NARFE holiday party.  We have our two toys to donate to Toys for Tots.  I wrote an invocation to give, and then this morning I felt I had to change it to reflect what went on yesterday.  Peace on Earth...a dream that the world has had forever.  We need it now.  But how to get it?  I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment