Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fun foods for Hanukkah

Last night was the third night of Hanukkah.  We are eating latkes and donuts every day.  Who doesn't love that?  We also went out to eat last night at the new Hangar Bar at Disney Springs.  They are literally a bar, but with some pretty great appetizers.  Mark and I shared three of them: pretzels with beer cheese fondue, falafel tacos, and dates stuffed with goat cheese and surrounded by spicy peanuts.  Everything was fantastic, but I suspect it was full of sodium as I am up a pound and a half today.  I didn't get up even once during the night to pee, and my fingers were stuffed this morning like sausages, so much so that I could barely bend them.  I'm sure that will resolve itself during the day.

Monday night we went up to the Village center to participate in the Shalom Club's lighting of the menorah.  Mark and I and some singers from Guys ad Dolls helped lead the lighting and singing of traditional Hanukkah songs.  Then we all went into Mosaics for donuts and coffee and games of dreidel. It's one of the nicest things that we do here in Solivita, in my opinion.

Yesterday we had our last Tuesday afternoon Cove Singers rehearsal for our performance at Lakeside next Thursday.  They did very well despite three of the strongest singers being out of town.  Then we picked up Susie and Ed and went over to Disney Springs.  In addition to trying out the new Hangar Bar for dinner, we went to hear the Klezmer performers do Hanukkah songs.  As it turned out, if you eat on the outside deck of Hangar Bar, you can hear the performers because they are right next to you.  We had Hanukkah music playing all through dinner.  Then we sat outside and listened to their next et of more traditional Klezmer music before having a gelato at the newly opened gelato store also right in the same area.  It was a cool evening for Florida, so we enjoyed wearing some warner coats and feeling festive.

Mark and I continued to have donuts and latkes with candles and presents when we got home.  Even got me the alligator towels and an alligator tile that I wanted for the powder room.  Mark got me a very generous Disney gift card, which will surely be put to good use.  Cindy gave us a brand new Rummikub game.  Susie and Ed LOVE Rummikub, so we will have to have them over to play our new one.  I gave Mark is Sea Salt from H2O products, body wash and lotion.  Leslie G. also gave us our personalized calendar, which I absolutely love.  She has gotten us one every year since 2011 when she sent the first one full of wedding pictures from Evey ad Eric's big day.

Three nights down and Five to go!!  So many donuts, latkes, candles, and presents yet to come.

This morning I am giving a Mah Jongg lesson to a beginner.  Mark will go shopping while we play.  Then tonight we have our Cast Party for Guys and Dolls.  Every day here in Solivita is just wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment