Sunday, December 20, 2015

Happy Anniversary Tomorrow

I was so thrilled to get an anniversary card from Evey and Eric in the mail yesterday. That was so sweet.  They said that forty years was quite an accomplishment and a good example.  Thank you SO MUCH, Evey and Eric.  That meant a lot to me, and I got a little teary reading it and thinking of the two of you.  May you also make at least forty years and many, many more.

To celebrate, Mark and I are heading over to Universal's new Cabana Bay Resort.  They sent us a Florida resident (or maybe it was annual pass holder) deal that we couldn't refuse, $104 a night for a family suite that sleeps six.  The pool looks amazing and even has a lazy river.  We booked two nights! There will not be another blog for a few days because I'm not taking my laptop to the hotel.

Today we will check in and then spend the afternoon in the two Universal parks.  Our tradition the last four years has been to see the How the Grinch Stole Christmas musical in Islands of Adventure and then watch the Macy's parade and listen to Mannheim Steamroller in the evening in the Universal park.  It's going to be a lot of fun, and even though it's a bit cool today, it's not at all as cold as it has been some of the previous years.  It will be in the mid-70s today and only into the mid-60s in the evening as we listen to the concert.

Tomorrow it should be nearly 80 degrees, and our plan is to spend almost all day at the resort and in the pools.  There is even a bowling alley in this resort.  Maybe I should pack my bowling shoes!  Around 5 p.m. we are heading to WDW's Animal Kingdom to have our anniversary dinner at Tusker House, one of our favorite buffets.  It's going to be a lovely way to celebrate forty years together.

Sometimes we get on each other's nerves, but what married couple doesn't.  Sometimes we fight over stupid stuff, but we always make up.  There is no one in the entire world that I would rather have spent my life with than my beloved husband and best friend, Mark.  He has made my life so much better than I could have ever imagined.  Happy Anniversary, my love!  And may we have many, many more years together.

This is a picture from last year's anniversary, which happened to coincide with the Shalom Club's Hanukkah Ball.  I will post some pictures from this year's celebration later in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment