Wednesday, December 16, 2015

More disappointments

Yesterday I said that sometimes plans fail.  Today I could write the same thing.  We met Ed and Barb at Epcot yesterday to go to the DVC Merry Member Mixer, but when we got there, we learned that they had changed the date to Monday.  We were all pretty mad about it, but the fine print on their website says the dates could change without notice.  Thank you so much, DVC people.  Every date for the mixer is on a Tuesday, except the one we picked.  So we had some time to relax and catch a few of the Holidays  Around the World presentations, went through the museum in the Japan pavilion, and ate our Tokyo Dining dinner about 40 minutes early.  We even got the best seat in the house, next to the windows overlooking the lake.
When we first arrived, we went to the Mexican boat ride to see these figures that had been recently added to the end of the attraction.

We listened to the Canadian singers right before we learned the Member Mixer was not happening.

We killed time to our dinner reservation listening to the story of Hanukkah.

We also went through this exhibit in the Japan pavilion.

She showed us to our perfect table.

What a view!

Ed and Barb

Our server poured Mark's sake.

Tokyo Dining could now become our favorite sit down restaurant in Epcot.  It far exceeded our expectations.  Mark ordered a spicy sushi roll of salmon and tuna.  There were 8 pieces and I actually ate two of them.  I NEVER eat sushi because usually the vinegar in the rice coating is too noxious for me.  This one did not taste of vinegar at all and the idea of eating raw fish wasn't that bad along with the nice spices mixed in.  I don't think I'm going to become a big fan of sushi or ever order it on my own, but if we go back to this restaurant, I'm sure Mark and I will share the appetizer again.  I ordered the Miso Soup as my appetizer, and it was outstanding.  Our entree of grilled salmon with veggies and steamed rice were also perfect.


When we left, about 6:30, we walked back to the entrance of World Showcase all together, but then Ed and Barb split off from us to do some shopping.  Mark and I stopped at the bathrooms by Spaceship Earth, like we usually do, and I discovered I had left my Minnie Mouse ball cap back in the restaurant.  I was willing to try to get it at the Lost and Found today, but my hero husband walked ALL the way back to Japan to retrieve it.  Above and beyond the call of duty, for sure.

This morning we are taking Mark's car to Jiffy Lube, picking up his weekly comics at Coliseum of Comics, and then heading to the Beach Club at WDW.  We are joining friends from the Solivita Disney Fan Club today at 3:30 for a tour of the Christmas decorations at the resorts around the lake there, which includes Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk, and the Swan and Dolphin.  At 5 we are all having dinner at the Cape May Buffet.  This is an outstanding buffet that we have enjoyed many times since we moved down here.  I had better do a lot of walking first to account for overeating at the buffet later.  LOL!

Tomorrow will be insane.  Here's the schedule:
9:30 to noonish  Host Mah Jongg in my house
1:30-4  Set up and rehearse with Cove Singers in Lakeside for the performance later
4-6 Meet and Greet for Solivita/Cove members in Scuttlebutts
6-7:30  Direct Cove Singers Holiday concert in Lakeside
7:30  Sit down for dinner and collapse

Because of that insane schedule, I do not plan to write a blog tomorrow.  LOL!

Here are some pictures from Hanukkah and the Klezmer Band from Friday and Saturday nights.

Sixth night of Hanukkah candles

Mark got me this beautiful Shabbat tablecloth for Hanukkah.  We used it Friday night to host our friends for appetizers as part of our progressive dinner.

Saturday night we had dinner at Olive Garden as a party of ten.  Then 8 of us went to Disney Springs to listen to the Klezmer band again.  They are really great!

Mark, Susie, Judi, Valerie, and Mike listening to the Klezmer band,



No comments:

Post a Comment