Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Plans fail sometimes

Well, yesterday did not go as planned in two ways.  First, we did not go to the Osborne Lights last night to get those glasses.  By the time we finished dinner, it was 6:20 p.m.  We were both exhausted and the park closed at 8 anyway.  It wasn't really worth the two hour round trip commute to pick up the glasses and have almost no time to see the lights.  The good news is that Susie and Ed got the glasses, so we are going to borrow those to take when we go on Dec. 27 with Lowell and Emily.

The second thing that did not go as planned was my food intake.  I ate the breakfast I mentioned and a perfect dinner that Mark made, which was salmon, Brussels sprouts, and the last two potato latkes.  However, I ate cookies and candy between lunch and dinner.  I also had more lunch than I should have.  I had tuna fish in a large pita bread and a hunk of leftover challah.  I also had a pear, which was juicy and delicious.  The pear wasn't a problem because I did not eat the Arctic Zero anyway.  The five chocolate truffles and four shortbread sandwich cookies were the problem!  And there was no exercise after all since we didn't walk into the Disney park.  Sigh.  Good intentions, though.

Today we were supposed to go to water aerobics and then in the afternoon we are going to Epcot and will walk around the entire park.  We are meeting friends, Ed and Barb, who are also DVC members, to go to the DVC Member Mixer and then dinner at Tokyo Dining.  Japan has been the only country in World Showcase where we did not have a sit down meal in one of the restaurants.  Tonight we will eat there and then we will have eaten in every country!  Should be fun and there will definitely be a lot of walking.  We did not make water aerobics because I talked to my brother Mark too long. It was a lot of fun talking to him, and we don't talk that often.  I should have told my husband Mark to go to aerobics without me or tried to talk and get in the car at the same time, but neither of those occurred to me until after I hung up the phone and saw it was too late to go to water aerobics.  Another sigh.  More good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment