Wednesday, December 23, 2015

ICE!

Today's plan is to go see ICE! at Gaylord Palms. I have never seen it before.  Mark went with Eric and Evey a few years ago, but I was sick that day and stayed home. Mark got  a good deal on the price from Living Social, and today is the only chance we have to go.

Our anniversary celebration was spectacular with perfect weather. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera!  I took a lot of pictures on my cellphone, but currently, I have no way to get the pictures off my cellphone and into Picasa to make them usable on this blog or to share with people.  When we have a chance, and I have no idea when that will be, Mark thinks he found a work-around to the known problem that came up with my most recent upgrade on the laptop.  He hopes to teach me the work-around and then it will be no problem again.

Meanwhile, I have already laid out the camera to take lots of pictures at the ICE! show.

I did not weigh in on Monday because we were at Cabana Bay, but this morning I still weigh 280.3, which is the same as last Monday.  I guess I should be grateful that I didn't gain weight on our trip.  There was a lot of walking and playing in the pool to help.

After ICE! today we will be having dinner at Denny's and then going to the synagogue choir rehearsal.

My biggest problem currently is my lower back.  I woke up Saturday morning with what felt like muscle pain in the low back.  I thought it would resolve itself as the day went on because sometimes our old bed does that to me.  I was wrong.  Sunday I got up just as bad.  We went to the hotel, and I felt very uncomfortable. I paid a fortune to buy a small bottle of Advil at the hotel gift shop and took 800 mg with lunch in the food court.  I was sure that would take care of it.  I was wrong.  I took more at dinner.  Monday and Tuesday continued the same way.  Whenever I get up from a seated position, it is very painful to straighten up and get walking.  Once I walk about 5-10 minutes, things get a bit better.  Things get tolerable instead of hideous, but the pain does not go away.  I also walked a huge blister on my pinky toe at Universal Studios on Sunday.  This morning I am taking the morning off.  At 7 a.m. I woke up at my usual time, but my back was killing me, so I took two of the muscle relaxers that I take at bedtime.  They put me back to sleep for another two hours.  When I got up at 9, my back was still killing me.  I hobbled to the kitchen table to get on the computer. Once I sit for awhile I don't feel any pain, but I dread getting up.

So...I have no down time for a very long time.  I am not going to the doctor about this until at least the second week of January.  I am going to do a ton of walking because Lowell and Emily arrive on Saturday afternoon.  We will walk all over WDW the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday and then all over Sea World on Monday.  When we put them back on a plane on Tuesday, we are going to Magic Kingdom.  Thursday we drive to Fort Lauderdale and Friday we board a cruise ship for a week.  As I said, no down time and no time for doctors.

I can blame my weight.  I have gained almost all of it back, so there is no reason to think that the extra weight is not the reason.  I want to blame the weight and my muscles, because I don't want it to be spinal or disc related.  I have no pain in my legs or feet, so I think I'm right.  I bet it all goes away as soon as I lose even as little as ten pounds.  I hope that is some incentive to me to make good choices at the restaurants we will be in with Lowell and Emily and on the cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment