Monday, December 14, 2015

It's Monday. Life is good.

We have been so busy lately that I have not taken the time to write a blog.  Well, you've heard that before!  LOL

We had a fabulous progressive dinner Friday night.  Then the Klezmer concert that we were all going to Saturday night got cancelled.  No problem.  We all had dinner at Olive Garden and then went back to the same Klezmer group at Disney Springs that we listened to on Tuesday.  The weather was fabulous, and everyone loved it.  Yesterday we were out from noon to 4:30 shopping and driving a lot.  We had to drive up to Total Wines by Millenia Mall, which is over an hour away, to pick up the bottle of Sabra that Rudy reserved for us as a Hanukkah present.  Shepler's, now Boot Barn, was nearby, so Mark used his gift from me to buy two shirts.  That store was awesome, like Carol's Western Wear on steroids!  We also had a lovely kosher lunch at the Kosher Grill because it is just down the road from Boot Barn.  Unfortunately, that gigantic hamburger and pile of fries plus the dinner followed by way too much dessert at the Hanukkah Ball last night added a lot of weight this morning.

My weigh-in was 280.3.  That's frightening. I've been creeping up little by little since October.  For quite a few months, I kept my weight in the low 270s until that October cruise.  I came back at 278 and have mostly stayed between 276 to 278 ever since.

Today all my meals will be at home.  Then we start another three days of eating dinner out.  I get two nights of dinner at home, Friday and Saturday, and then two more out.  That's how the whole month is going until we get on the cruise ship on December 31.  Clearly, if I could only learn to control myself in restaurants, I would be so much better off.

At least today I have the opportunity to eat right and get some exercise.  After an early dinner at home tonight, we are driving over to Disney's Hollywood Studios to pick up the free special glasses that are supposed to enhance the viewing of the Osborne Lights.  The park closes at 8 tonight, so it won't be a late night out.

Today I had my 80 calorie Greek Yogurt and 3 Morningstar Links.  That's a 200 calorie breakfast that I ate every single morning for well over a year while I was losing that 117 pounds.  It can work.  Soon I'm going to Nature Hair for a mani/pedi, but I'll be home for lunch.  I need to be sure that lunch is not more than 300 calories.  Then I'll go play Mah Jongg for three hours.  When I get back, there will be about an hour of down time before I have dinner.  Mark always makes something perfect for us, keeping the calories in the 400-500 range.  At that point, even if I'm at the upper calorie range, I have had only 1,000 calories.  That allows for another few hundred as a snack later on.  Usually I have a banana and the pint of Arctic Zero, which totals about 225.  That's a total of 1225 for the day, which is the perfect amount for losing weight.  I hope today is exactly like that.

I got all my presents shipped out to the appropriate people and all my Christmas cards in the mail yesterday.  I told Mark that I was going to write fewer cards this year, but I don't think I did that.  I mailed out 56 cards, which didn't count a few that I gave out personally or put in packages that got mailed.  It's a good thing I don't send out Hanukkah cards, too!  I would more than double my for load if I ever did that.

Today is the last day of Hanukkah.  It is always so pretty to light all the candles and watch the burn.  That was last night for us, after we got home from the Hanukkah ball.  We have opened all of our presents, and everything was fabulous.  I hope anyone reading this blog who celebrates Hanukkah has also had a wonderful eight days.

Now it's time to run out to the salon for the tmani/pedi.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment