Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Heading out to Fort Lauderdale

This morning we are heading to Fort Lauderdale to check into a Comfort Suites.  Then around 4:30 we will visit with Aunt Esther and Uncle Pinkie and take them out dinner.  Tomorrow we will board our favorite ship, the Celebrity Constellation for the Solivita New Year's Eve cruise to Key West and Nassau.  When everyone else leaves, we are staying onboard for another three days, which goes back to Key West and Nassau but without the sea day in between.  We just wanted a seven night cruise!

This time we booked Concierge Class on deck 8, which is a balcony room with lots of perks.  We got all of the 1-2-3Go perks that they were giving out at the time.  These are free gratuities, free drink package, and $200 onboard credit.  The value of those items was worth more than the price of upgrading to Concierge Class.  It also got us a lot more loyalty points so that at the end of these seven days we will be bumped up to Elite in their loyalty program.  THAT will give us 90 minutes of free internet EACH on all future Celebrity cruises, among other things. We thought that was worth it!

My only regret on this cruise is my weight.  This morning I am an even 280.  That is NOT a good weight for starting a seven night cruise.  I left for the 8 days on the Carnival Sunshine in October at 273 and came back at 278.  I did not lose that weight (well actually I did lose it, twice, and put it back on, twice) and now I'm actually two pounds higher than that.  Sigh....If I gain half a pound a day on this cruise like I did on the last one, I could be weighing in next Friday morning at 283 or worse.  At that weight, I will not be able to walk more than a block without back pain.  I am praying that I keep that in mind when I go to the buffet or order drinks.  Just once I went on a cruise and did not gain any weight.  I don't remember why, but it probably involved a lot of walking on the track.  There's no reason why I can't do that this cruise.  And if there was ever a time to learn to make good choices at a buffet, this is IT.

I am taking my computer, but since we won't have too much internet time, I probably won't write blogs.  Look for them to start again on January 7, the evening that we arrive home from the cruise.

Meanwhile, here are a few more pictures from Lowell and Emily's visit.

The life-sized gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian.

On the tram heading into Hollywood Studios.

Enjoying a glowing drink and waiting for the lights to start.

It's almost time for the light show.

At Seaworld watching the sea lion feeding.

One of the many adorable penguins, and yes, I was that close.

Petting the incredibly soft Pearl.

In the Manta Aquarium looking up at the mantas as they swim overhead.

One Ocean, the orca show.

Pretty decorations

Ordering dinner in the Shark Encounter restaurant.

Beautiful Sea of Trees.

Who knew penguins could ice skate?



No comments:

Post a Comment