Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Hanukkah!

Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah.  It is also the last night of our Guys and Dolls concert.  My back will be very glad of that.  This morning I had quite a few twinges on the walk from the bedroom to the kitchen.

The concerts have gone very well.  It's so much work, but the audiences really seem to love it.  Mark and our friends enjoyed themselves very much last night.  Four nights are gone and tonight is the last one.

Meanwhile, last night I also noticed that I am going out for 16 nights in a row!  That is INSANE!  I don't have a night to relax inside the house any time between the hours of  5-9:30 or later from Dec. 2-17.  Talk about busy!  At least some of those days, I was able to stay home up until I had to leave for the night time activity.  Even after my last night on Dec. 17, I will only have two nights at home before going out again two nights in a row.  I'm not complaining because I love all the things we are doing!

I ate only two meals yesterday because when you have to eat dinner at 4:30 there's not much point in trying to squeeze breakfast and lunch in first.  I had a light brunch at 11:30 and then too much dinner at 4:30 plus some snacks when I got home at 9:45.  Again, I thought it was a pretty good day, and I guess it was.  It was just the right amount of food and exercise to bring my weight to 276.2. When we left for that "Bermuda" cruise on Oct. 2, I weighed 274 and came back after 8 days at 278.  Along the weigh, I lost those four pounds and then gained them again.  Now I can't seem to shake all of them.  It's a little scary to start another 7 day cruise that high.  When I go over 280, my back really hurts.  That is just TOO much weight for my little 5' 3" body to carry around.  Well, anything in the 270s is also!  Sadly, many of those nights out between now and Dec. 17 involve dinners out, too.

Well, back to Hanukkah.  Eight festive nights of lighting the menorah, opening presents, and eating traditional foods like latkes and donuts begins tonight.  It's always so much fun!  Mark and I left the presents for Evey and Eric all wrapped and numbered at their house on Thanksgiving.  I shipped a big box full of wrapped and numbered gifts for Lowell and Emily. It arrived yesterday, so they are all ready to have their presents tonight.  I have Mark's gifts wrapped and numbered and ready to put out this afternoon.  I have already hung the banner out on the front of the house.  It was a gift to us from Rhoda when she stayed with us a few years ago.  I love it.  It makes the house feel festive just to see it out there.  We have not decorated the inside of the house at all this year, but later this afternoon we will put out the menorahs on the island in the kitchen and the wrapped gifts on the dining room table. Like all holidays, Hanukkah only comes once a year, but Mark and I make the most of it when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment