Friday, March 11, 2016

Already Friday

This week seemed to fly by!  Seems like it was just Monday and I was playing Mah Jongg, or Tuesday and I was getting my stitches out.  Now it's Friday.  Wow.

Rudy arrived yesterday.  Mark and I were both out when he arrived.  Mark was at a rehearsal and I was playing Mah Jongg at Barb's house.  Then we met up and ate our packed lunches at The Palms because it was National Packed Lunch Day!  Mark then shopped, but I fell asleep in the chair outside by the pool, in the shade, in the breeze.  The day was perfect yesterday.

This morning at 9 a.m. I am heading up to Oak Street and the Cancer Center.  I have an appointment with the medical oncologist, but it's not a regular appointment.  Today she is going to give me the results of my tumor test that she ordered last time I was there.  I have hit the five year mark on Arimidex, which was how long I was told to stay on it.  I hit that milestone this past Valentine's Day.  Now there is some research showing that there are some markers in the tumor that could indicate it's better to stay on it for life or just go off it after five years.  I don't care either way because I no longer have any bad side effects from it.  I'll let you know later what she says.

After the appointment, I plan to spend the rest of the day at the Cove.  I have quit working at the library and hope to play Mah Jongg there. Mark will keep working in the library between 1 and 4, so I can relax, swim, and play Mahj.  The weather is perfect today, so it will be delightful out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment