Saturday, March 19, 2016

Last day before vacation/cruise

Rudy slipped out to the airport at 4 a.m. this morning after his 9 night visit.  We said good-bye last night because neither of us wanted to get up to see him off at 4 a.m.

Yesterday he treated us to lunch out at the local Japanese restaurant, which was spectacular, but when I tried to estimate the calories, I am sure it came to around 1100 just for lunch.  I could have saved some by not eating all the rice, but I am still not good at that.  It was all delicious.  Mark and I only had time for a twenty minute walk, too.  Dinner was Sloppy Joes on challah, which was fabulous, but I ate too much challah.  What else is new!  Then,  I had 8 Mint Oreos watching TV at night after Rudy went to bed and while Mark was at the show.  Ridiculous, but once I'm overeating and feeling out-of-control, it's a vicious spiral.

Anyway, the bottom line is that my calories were nearly 3,000 yesterday.  And yet, I weigh the same this morning as yesterday morning, 277.7.  An interesting side note is that even though I weighed that yesterday morning, too, I actually dropped two pounds of fluid yesterday and ended up down two pounds.  So actually, I am up two, but it's the same two.  I am taking that as a good sign.

Today Mark and I are at home all day and so are all of my meals. We will also take a walk for about half an hour today.  I will eat appropriately and drink lots of water.  With any luck, those two pounds will drop back off today again.  We will also be busy packing for our vacation.  Our plan is to pack the suitcases and literally pack the car, too, so that we can be on the road to Miami at 6 a.m.  We have received several notices from Celebrity Cruises that there is some sort of celebration in the Miami port area which will involve extra traffic and some road closures.  It could take extra time to get there.  We want to leave plenty of time.  Normally, we would have gone down today and stayed over night in Miami, but Mark has his final performance of Arsenic and Old Lace tonight.

The show has been a huge hit, sold out houses and standing ovations every night!  Kudos to everyone involved in that.

I do not usually blog during a cruise because the internet is so expensive.  Since this cruise is 14 nights, the longest one we have had in several years, I might post one or two somewhere along the way if I find the internet is speedy enough.  The ship is a new one for us, the Celebrity Eclipse, one of the Solstice class ships, so we are pretty excited to check it out.

Here is our itinerary:
Sunday, March 20   Sail out of Miami at 4:30 p.m.
Monday, Mar. 21     Sea Day
Tuesday, Mar. 22     Sea Day
Wed.,      Mar. 23     St. Maarten
Thur.,      Mar. 24     St. Kitts
Fri.,         Mar. 25     Antigua
Sat.,        Mar. 26      St. Lucia
Sun.,       Mar. 27      Barbados, staying overnight
Mon.,     Mar. 28       Barbados, second day
Tues.,      Mar. 29      Sea Day
Wed.,      Mar. 30       Aruba
Thurs.,    Mar. 31       Curacao
Fri.,        April 1        Sea Day
Sat.,        April 2        Sea Day
Sun.,       April 3        Miami and disembarkation

When we arrive home on April 3, Dave and Evey Herschler will be waiting for us at home for a four night visit.  We have a 5:30 dinner reservation at The Port that night. The next day we will be at Animal Kingdom when it opens, head to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival for browsing through lunch at food kiosks, have dinner at Chefs de France, and stay for the night time fireworks show before heading home very late.  Quite a way to finish a vacation!!

I will record my weight when I wake up tomorrow and write it down so that I can see what I weigh on the morning of April 4.  I am hoping to keep the weight gain to a minimum.  It's possible, but it's hard!  You'll find out in a few weeks how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment