Saturday, March 12, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARK!

Today Mark is officially of Medicare age, 65.  We are now the same age again until August.  So cute.

For his birthday, he has decided to stay home and watch TV all day until about 6:30 when we will go to Denny's for dinner so that he can get his free birthday Grand Slam.  He has always loved Brinner!

This morning my weight was 279 even.  I ate 1310 calories, including a fabulous beef and biscuit dinner that Mark made.  Boy, was that a good one! Tonight at Denny's I'll be fine. I always order an appropriate meal there, which is why it's always a good choice for me.

On Sunday we are having breakfast out at either Perkin's or IHOP because Mark has another free breakfast coupon.  I will try to do ok.  We will have lunch and dinner at home. In between we are going to the Plant City Strawberry Festival.  I have to be VERY SURE not to buy any junk food to eat.

Monday night Rudy plans to take us out to dinner, and we chose The Port, a local steak
and seafood place in Haines City on Lake Hatchineha.  I went there once for lunch several years ago with my Monday Mahj group.  I remember having fried fish and onion rings, but I hope that I can make a better choice for dinner.  At least breakfast and lunch will be at home that day.  One week from tomorrow we get on the cruise, so I have one more week to lose a pound or two.  If I only stay the same, at least I'll be where I was when I left for the February cruise.

As for my visit at the medical oncologist, she said they could not find my original tumor.  I wanted to laugh out loud because I just thought it was crazy that it was sitting around somewhere.  She was disappointed because she said since the cancer was in my lymph nodes, it would have been good to have this extra test.  Well...no extra test.  Her decision then was to stay on the Arimidex another five years, until Valentine's Day of 2021.  There are no harsh side effects; I tolerate it well; it's cheap; so why not.  The only thing it could do is cause bone loss, but mostly that happens in the first few years. It did happen the first year.  I lost 10% of my bone mass, but my bones were so dense and so far above normal that the 10% loss just brought their density into the normal range.  The next test showed no further loss.  Still, I will have regular bone density tests over the next five years. I don't mind staying on it.  At least she said I don't have to go to the radiation oncologist anymore.  Yay!  That's huge because going to both of them meant driving up to the cancer center every three months...a serious drag.  Now I only need to go every six months for the blood work to look at the tumor markers and to have her check me out.  I was pretty happy when I came back.

Happy Birthday, Mark.  From a picture at Aulani on my 65th birthday last year.  Good times!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment