Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Feel the Bern! It's time to go vote for Bernie Sanders!

This morning I weighed 276.7, and I'm quite pleased for several reasons.  First, it means the weight loss I expected to see yesterday just took one extra day to show up.  Second, it means I am two pounds lower than when we left for the February cruise and only three and a half pounds over last August in Hawaii.  Third, I went out to dinner at a restaurant and made appropriate choices.  That is so rare for me that I just had to mention it.

I had NO appetizer, NO alcohol, and NO dessert.  That's huge.  Also, this place does not put a bread basket on the table, which is helpful.  My main dish was blackened mahi mahi, broccoli, and a plain baked potato.  It's hard to guess those calories, but I did my best and programmed it all in.  My breakfast and lunch were perfect, and for a late night snack I had an eighth of the Key lime pie that Mark made for Pi day.  My total calories yesterday were only 1159.

This morning I will exercise my right to vote.  It's the Florida primary election day, and I am very excited to go vote for Bernie Sanders for the presidential race and Alan Grayson for our senator.  They are probably both long-shots, but I believe in them.

After that I am having a mani-pedi, a little down time at the Cove to eat a bag lunch, and the Cove Singers rehearsal from 3-4:30.  That will all be followed by a TV dinner and a lot of TV shows.  It will be a good day.

Rudy left early this morning to have breakfast out at Perkins and then head to the Tampa/Clearwater area.  In fact, he is staying overnight in Tarpon Springs.  He likes a lot of the bars and the open mike nights at some of them where he plays his harmonica.  He will be back tomorrow night late.


No comments:

Post a Comment