Friday, March 18, 2016

National Sloppy Joe Day

All my plans changed yesterday and all for the better.  My original plan of the Meet and Greet and dinner out with three had blossomed to dinner for 10.  Then the original two people, who were supposed to pick me up, got sick and cancelled.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't feel like going out that night with the others.  I thought I'd prefer to go with Mark to his endocrinology appointment, so I also cancelled on the dinner out.  Right after that, I got a phone call from my neighbor who said her husband wasn't going to the play after all, so did I want to go with her.  OF COURSE, I DID!  So after Mahj ( I won three games), I went shopping with Mark, then to the doctor's appointment, then a quick dinner at home, and then the play again.  The play was definitely even better on opening night than at the dress rehearsal.  They got a standing ovation!

Mark's appointment went well, and his fear of being put on insulin did not come true.  The doctor thought that his highs and lows were acceptable, something always worth working on to make better, but not bad enough to warrant a change in the meds at this point. He is going to keep tracking it and return in three months for his next check up.  That's as good as it gets for this.

I ate only 1200 calories yesterday, but I am up two pounds. I didn't get to exercise yesterday, but I don't blame that.  I think it was the sodium in the corned beef sandwich that we had for dinner in honor of St. Patrick's day.  With any luck, that water weight will drop today.  Unfortunately, I will be eating lunch out at a Japanese restaurant.  Rudy is treating us to lunch and has eaten there twice. It's one of his favorites now.  I've looked at their menu.  There are several options for me and Mark, but how much sodium is in the food is always just a guess.  Miso soup, veggie fried rice, grilled salmon, house salad....that's a lunch option.  Probably plenty of sodium in that lunch as well as calories.

Dinner tonight will be Sloppy Joes using the Manwich sauce with kosher ground beef.  Kosher meat always has hidden sodium in it because of the salting and draining process used to make it kosher.  I think it will also be a high sodium meal and extra calories because it's Shabbat, meaning challah and wine.

It would be nice to be down the two pounds tomorrow, but I"m not sure I can count on that.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment