Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A cruise and A party!






Weigh in Wednesday wasn't as good as I had hoped because of the cruise and the party. I was up two from yesterday, but still I have a three pound official weight loss for the week, down from 261 to today's 258. Actually last Thursday was when I hit that awful 265 and yesterday morning I was only 256. So from Thursday to Tuesday, I actually went down NINE, but those weren't official since they didn't occur on Wednesdays. LOL! And that is also why I am NOT supposed to weigh in everyday. Well, I won't weigh in for a week now because we leave for California tomorrow and won't be back until next Tuesday around midnight. I'll be very curious to see how this week goes!

This morning I have my check up with the radiation oncologist. I'm leaving now, so I'll edit and finish this blog later. Check back this afternoon or evening and there will be a bigger blog with pictures again.

Well, if you read this morning and checked back, here's the rest that I promised you.

First of all, the oncologist visit was fine. He said my skin looks good and continues to fade back to normal. He was happy to hear that I have the next mammo/ultrasound scheduled for mid-January and agreed that it was best to wait to see a surgeon until after I get those results. I also got a recommendation from him for an OB/GYN because I have been delinquent in getting a routine appointment scheduled with someone down here. So, basically, he was happy with me. I have the mammo in January, a follow-up with the med onc in April, and another appointment with the rad onc in July. In between I will try to make an OB/GYN appointment and maybe see the surgeon if the January ultrasound still shows a seroma that should be seen.

Now back to yesterday's festivities. We had a lovely luncheon with the other NARFE group in Pasadena, FL on the Starlite Princess. It went up and down a dredged out waterway called Boca Ciega that empties into the Gulf of Mexico. We got to go under a drawbridge, which is always fun, and we saw dolphins playfully swimming alongside the ship, although I couldn't catch a picture of them. Then we came home, took a 20 minute nap, changed our clothes, and went to the Guys and Dolls cast party at the ballroom. Very nice!

So now we have to run some more errands and then pack for our trip to California tomorrow morning. In order to get the cheapest flight, we had to leave at 6:25 a.m. UGH. That means getting up at 2 a.m. and leaving the house at 3:30 a.m. My plan is to watch Survivor from 8-9 tonight and then head straight to bed, hoping that I can sleep for those five hours before the alarm goes off at 2. We did this crazy thing back in August when we went to California, and we both said that it was really hard to do! I guess we didn't learn our lesson. LOL! Please don't look for a blog tomorrow. I can probably write one from Evey's apartment sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment