Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of 2011

I reread my blog from the last day of 2010. I was sitting in Cindy's house in Baltimore, still in chemotherapy. It was cold, and I recapped the whole year. 2010 had a lot of very high highs and a lot of very low lows.

Now it's the same time again, the last day of 2011. I'm sitting in my own house in Poinciana, no longer in any active cancer therapy. It's warm and sunny outside, and I don't have the time to recap the whole year! In just a few minutes, Mark and I will be driving up to the airport to pick up my girlfriend, Barb K., and bring her here. She's going to see our community for the first time, bask in the warm Florida sunshine (It should hit 81 today and be very different from Buffalo!), swim in the pool, and go to a New Year's Eve party tonight with me and Mark.

What a difference a year makes!

2011 had highs and lows, but none were as high or as low as 2010. For the most part I enjoyed 2011 very much, especially getting to live in this house and see my daughter get married to her best friend! I got to see Lowell and Emily get together as a serious couple. I'm so happy for them, too. I still have my own fantastic husband, best friend, confidant, and butler! Mark, you are awesome, as always, and I shall miss you this upcoming week. Best of all, as far as I know, I am cancer-free! It doesn't get any better than that.

Tomorrow Barb and I are driving to Fort Lauderdale to meet her sister and brother-in-law, and Monday we are boarding the Niuew Amsterdam for a seven day cruise. Oh, yeah, life is good and 2012 is starting off very well.

Enjoy your celebrations tonight and be safe driving home if you are out. I hope everyone has a great end to 2011, and I wish all of you a fantastic 2012!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment