Friday, December 16, 2011

Forgot the camera for once.






Yesterday we had a great time on the cruise in Clearwater, but I forgot my camera. That rarely happens. In fact, all our neighbors went as well. We had dinner at a table for 10 that included four other couples from our block. No one had remembered their cameras, but one of the ladies had said, "Oh, don't worry. Becky always has her camera!" Well, this time I had to disappoint them.

The cruise in Clearwater Bay on the Calypso Queen was beautiful, and the food was delicious. There was unlimited rum punch, several kinds of wine, sodas, coffee and tea. I had two rum punches, and I think Mark had two glasses of burgundy. Yum. They had a buffet which included a delicious spicy white fish. There was caesar salad, rice, black beans, corn, baked veggie/cheese ziti, and German chocolate cake for dessert. We all ate and drank plenty! The weather was warm; the water was calm; the houses along the banks were beautifully decorated. It was a fantastic trip.

Today we went to play miniature golf at Blizzard Beach at the Winter Summerland park. Since it's winter, we chose the summer side. It was a lot of fun! I remember going there with the kids when they were little, but I think we only did the winter side that year. Anyway, I ended up being the winner, much to my surprise. I got a 47 out of the par 56; Mark had 48; Rudy had 50. I actually shot a hole in one on the 17th hole as well as the final 18th hole. Nice. Afterwards, we took Rudy to the bar at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for drinks. He had never been there, and it's a very impressive resort just to look around in. While there, we decided to have dinner there Monday night at the buffet, Boma, so we made a reservation. We didn't remember that next week is the week before Christmas, so the dinner reservation is for 8:50. That was the best we could do.

Now Mark has just finished making steaks and baked potatoes for dinner with salad and brussel sprouts with a fresh challah. He is ready to serve, so time to go! Have a good Shabbat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment