Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hanukkah is ending.







Last night was the last night of Hanukkah. It was amazing, as all the nights have been. A big box of presents from Cindy appeared. Wow! She always does such a fantastic job. I have included pictures of Mark's loot and mine. She sent us these really cool "matching" mugs. Nice. Lowell gave Mark a very interesting looking bottle of whiskey. He is hoping to open it Friday night for the first taste. Mark gave me a fantastic necklace, made in the USA!

I spent this morning putting everything away, including cleaning the wax out of the menorahs and putting all presents and decorations away. My cleaning lady is coming tomorrow, and I didn't want her to have to work around all that stuff. Even though we spent the holiday alone, we had a fantastic first Hanukkah in this new house. Thanks everybody who sent cards, presents, emails, and calls.

I didn't report a weight last week for Weigh-In Wednesday because I knew it was bad. The week before, when we were in California, I had reported a two pound gain from 258 to 260. Sadly this week I am not reporting any loss; no, it's another gain. I am up another two pounds this morning to 262. I can't even remember now what it was last week. I didn't write it down anywhere. I think it was about the same.

This morning I realized that I am hardly eating any lunches or dinner at home until January 10. I will have some breakfasts at home until January 2, but then I'm on the cruise with Barbara. Today we are having lunch out doing errands and then meeting some friends at a really cool looking restaurant called Toojays for dinner. Tomorrow I am having lunch out because we are staying out of the house for the cleaning lady and then we always have dinner out on Thursdays. Friday I have a mani/pedi at 12:30, so my plan has been to eat lunch out doing some errands and then end up at the mani/pedi. This Friday is really unusual in that we almost never go out Friday nights, but this Friday our synagogue is having one of their periodic family dinners before Friday service. Naturally, we sent our money in for that. Then it's Saturday when Barb arrives. We are taking her out for lunch and then it's New Year's Eve. We have already bought tickets to a buffet dinner/Eagles tribute band/dance/party thing. Should be fun, but will include eating and drinking. I'm hoping to dance some of it off! New Year's Day Barb and I will grab breakfast at home and possibly lunch, but we are heading off to Fort Lauderdale to meet up with her twin sister and husband. Dinner that night is at a restaurant in or near the hotel that her sister has planned. The next day we board the Holland America ship, the Nieuw Amsterdam, for a week long cruise.

That's all going to be lots of fun, but I can feel the pounds piling on just typing.

I am enjoying retirement, enjoying all the activities we do, enjoying our friends, enjoying eating. I'm not working at all on weight loss. Kind of sad. Last time I whined about this, Evey sent me a scathing email that just put me in my place, and rightly so. Still, I guess it didn't sink in yet. Barb asked me if she should fuss at me about what I eat on the cruise. I know she would be happy to do it and be good at it. I know she loves me and will do what is best for me. Still, she gave me the choice. I said NO! Who wants to go on a cruise and think that someone is watching every bite and fussing about it? Part of the fun of cruising is cutting loose and enjoying everything. After all, you pay a bundle for the privilege. I told her I'd try to compensate by walking more. I could even go to the gym and do weight routines. Maybe I'll even give up a few drinks and desserts. I guess that could happen.

Mark and I overslept again today. Is that a sign of aging? LOL! So we are already feeling behind the count. We have weights to lift, walking to do, errands to run, shopping to do, and finally ending up at Toojay's at 6:30 to meet our friends for dinner. Another great day heading our way.

Got to go get it all started. Happy last day of Hanukkah to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment