Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fun with the kids, but Good to be home.

It's been exactly one week between blogs. That's because at the last minute I decided not to take the laptop to California with me. I thought I might write one on Evey's laptop, but I never did. I hope no one was upset. I guess no one was because no one sent me any panicky emails asking why there wasn't a blog.

Before talking about the great time we had with Evey and Eric, I need to report on the weight. After all, it's Weigh-in Wednesday. Hm...I guess it could be worse. I gained two pounds for the week, up from 258 to 260. We ate a lot of meals at Evey's home, but there was also a party and several restaurant meals. I also had waffles at the Comfort Inn each morning. I just knew that if I learned to make those motel waffles, it would be a bad thing. LOL!

Well, it's back to normal today. Sort of. Our friend Rudy is coming to stay with us for a week. He'll arrive later this afternoon. Mark is planning to have us eat at home most of the time while he's here, so he's going grocery shopping soon for supplies. Of course, that might change if Rudy wants to go out at some point. Also tomorrow, Mark and I are going on a dinner cruise in Clearwater with the Solivita Travel Club. Still, there are now only about two weeks left until my cruise with Barbara K, so I need to make some effort to take a little bit of weight off before we leave for Fort Lauderdale.

Now on to the trip! It was a GREAT time! We had some time to just hang around the house with Evey and Eric, eat some meals Mark cooked, watch TV, talk. Wow! It was just so great. We got to go to a holiday party in San Francisco with their friends, which included a ton of fantastic food and a Yankee Gift Swap. We came home with a nice cheese fondue set, but the lid broke in the suitcase on the way home. (Still, the rest of it is in tact, so I think some fondue could be in our future!) We also had time for some Western history type of stuff that Mark loves. We went to Felton and rode a narrow gauge train from a place called Roaring Camp up to the top of Bear Mountain. Then we drove to San Juan Bautista historical park. Evey and Eric went with us on that trip since it was Sunday. On Monday when they had to work, Mark and I drove down to Big Sur for some picturesque viewing from the Pacific Coast Highway and a small hike out to view a waterfall. Of course, I took hundreds of pictures of these things, but since I didn't have my laptop with me, I couldn't upload anything. That's a job that I plan to start today, and I'll post some after I do.

Right now, I have to get away from this laptop because today is going to be very busy! I have to send some more packages out, go to the bank, get a mani/pedi, print out song sheets for some community caroling tonight with the Guys and Dolls, and do laundry. I'll be back on the blog tomorrow! Have a great day everybody.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip. It is lots of fun to read your blog again but it was probably good for you to take a break from blogging. I don't think gaining two pounds in a trip like you did is bad at all. You can probably lose those 2 pounds by next Wednesday.

    Have a great time caroling tonight. Doing the laundry doesn't sound nearly as fun as the caroling will be.

    I saw where some of Florida got lots of rain. Did your city miss the big rain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    Well, I'm actually UP another pound this morning, but I ate too much yesterday and was not surprised. I never remembered to tell you my email address. So sorry. I will go back and find yours and then send you an email today.

    It looked like there were puddles everywhere at the Orlando airport, but it hasn't rained since we got home. I think we missed it!

    Hope you are doing great! I'm going to my cancer support group this morning for the first time in months.

    ReplyDelete