Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lovely Days

We spent some part of each of the last two days at the pool. I actually swam 9 laps, about 20 minutes, each time. OK, I lied. I swam 4, "ran" two because the pool is never over my head, then swam one more. Yesterday, I then swam around for another 20 minutes while Mark did his water aerobic routine. I also did my weight routine Wednesday and Friday. That's the good news, and more good news is that I felt really good while doing all this and enjoyed it. The bad news is that my weight is still up. Sigh. I won't report it because it's not Wednesday.

Today we are going to shul where Mark will read the Haftarah for Shabbat Hanukkah. Nice. He always does a good job. In the afternoon we might go swimming again.

Yesterday the heat broke a 45 year old record. We hit 85. Amazingly nice. Today it's only going to hit 80. LOL! Tomorrow maybe up to 81. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between those numbers. They all seem wonderful to me. My friend Barb is arriving a week from today. I'm just watching the temps closely and hoping it stays nice and warm like this for her sake so she can swim, too. Everyone here says this is amount of warmth is unusual for this time of year. I'm not complaining!

Evey and Eric are flying east today to spend the holidays with his family. I wish them safe travels and a wonderful time with the relatives. Much of my extended family got together at Kip and Denise's house for presents and dinner yesterday. On Sunday, they will all be dispersed to separate little family groups. I hope they had an awesome get-together yesterday and enjoy their Christmas day wherever and with whomever they may be. Mark and I plan to spend Christmas watching the Disney Very Merry Christmas Parade on TV, then go to a movie at Downtown Disney, and finish up with a Chinese food dinner. Is that a Jewish Christmas or what? LOL!

I wish everyone who reads this blog a Happy Hanukkah (night five tonight!), a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Of course, the most important things are to have your health, your family and friends, and be surrounded by the warmth and love of all. Enjoy! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment