Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21, 1975







Yes, today is our 36th wedding anniversary. Wow! I think that's quite an accomplishment.

Mark and I had decided that since it came on the first day of Hanukkah and so near Christmas, we would not spend money on ourselves right now. Instead we postponed our celebration until mid-January when we are treating ourselves to a night at the Polynesian Resort at WDW. We have been in there for dinners, luaus, and breakfasts many times over the years, but we never actually stayed overnight in a room. Well, that will change in January.

So imagine my immense surprise when I came out to the kitchen this morning and found a gift from Mark laying on my laptop. He bought us two tickets to the 6:30 show tonight at the AMC Downtown Disney theaters for the MET Holiday Encore performance of The Magic Flute! So nice. We've been wanting to go to one of these video presentations of a MET opera for a long time, but we never got around to it. I know our friends Sara and Jeff, big opera buffs, go to them all the time and say it's great. We used to go to live opera in Baltimore and Annapolis all the time, but it's been decades since we did that either. We will really enjoy this tonight.

Then I had an attack of guilt at not buying him anything, so I will buy him dinner. I made reservations for 5 p.m. at The House of Blues in Downtown Disney, a very short walk from the theater. The plan now is to go to Downtown Disney around 3:30, take a long walk all the way from one end to the other for exercise, stop in to World of Disney to replace my broken iPhone case, and end up at 5 at the restaurant. It's 80 degrees and sunny today. I LOVE IT!!

In honor of our anniversary, Mark agreed to scan in some of our old photos to include. If you never knew us back in 1975, this should give you a good laugh over how much I have changed and Mark has stayed the same! Also, I included the picture of Mark singing to me at the reception. You all know that he sang "I Loved Her First" at Evey's wedding, but he wrote a song for me and performed it at our wedding. The song was called "You are my Angel." I don't remember the whole thing, but I remember one couplet, "You are my Angel, now you're my wife. Now and forever, you are my life." Aw....does it get any sweeter than that?

BTW, it's also weigh-in Wednesday. Let me just say it's so BAD that I'm not even going to print it. Maybe next week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment