Friday, December 30, 2011

Penultimate Day of the Year!

Enjoy your day today wherever you may be. I'm going to do some errands, get a mani/pedi, and end up at a Friday evening dinner at our synagogue followed by services. It's going to be in the low 70s and sunny all day. I'm definitely going to enjoy it.

We digitized another home movie of our WDW vacation from 1993. This was the long one when we brought Grandma B with us and stayed in the Treehouse Villa. The kids looked adorable, as always, but we were especially struck by how much taller and skinnier Lowell looked in the two years since the '91 vacation. We also noticed that Evey was already exhibiting many of the traits that she still has today. Her love of order and keeping things neat and tidy at age 6 was frequently evident on the video. A-n-d....then there's Grandma B. First of all, she was 69 at the time. Wow! I should look so good, have so much energy, and be able to walk around the parks all day for 10 days with two kids when I am that age. She was remarkable. Second of all, we had to laugh out loud several times because she gave Mark "the look" on the camera that clearly said, "I'm sick of having my picture taken." We had just finished digitizing Mark's old family home movies, and we sure did see Mark's father get that look many times! Third, she retained her beauty throughout her life. Evey resembles her more and more each day. I predict that Evey will retain her beauty throughout her life, too. Then there's me and Mark. Ha Ha!! Let's don't go THERE! It was another fun night of watching home movies!

My friend Barbara K. arrives from Buffalo tomorrow around 10:30 a.m.! Whoee!! It's so exciting anticipating her arrival, her chance to look at the house, see our community, hang out at the pool with us, and party the night away for New Year's Eve. Then, off we go to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday for the cruise. I am not taking my laptop on this cruise to keep it simple. I will, of course, take a lot of pictures, but I won't be uploading or sending any until January 11. There will be no blogs until then either. Sorry! I will have my iPhone, so there might be a few things posted on Facebook while we are still in the U.S., but once we pull out of port Monday night, that will be shut down as well. If I can't stand it, I can always go to the ship's computer room and buy a little time to send a brief blog, email, or picture but not much. With any luck, I can at least post a little blog with a picture of me and Barb before we head out Sunday.

Just in case I do not have time tomorrow to post another blog, let me wish each and every one of you a wonderful new year. Let's all hope and pray that 2012 is full of health, happiness, peace, friends and family for everyone. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time on your cruise! I will be thinking of you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda, and you have a fantastic time this weekend and a grand 2012.

    ReplyDelete