Monday, December 5, 2011

It's over. Whew!


All our shows are over. It was a long, busy, exhausting, FANTASTIC day yesterday. Our synagogue show was great fun. We got there about 10:45 for the rehearsal of the group number, then the show began at 1 p.m. It wasn't a sell out, but the audience was respectably large. There were 12 acts plus a little thing no one told us about. It was run like an America's Got Talent thing. Three congregants played the parts of celebrities and sat at a desk to make comments after each act. They were actually very funny! They also had six categories for winners and a phone number under each one. The cantor had set up all the teens in the back of the room to take the texts as the audience texted their votes for the winners during the show! So very clever.

Ha ha! I think it was rigged because everyone won something and the certificates were all printed up in advance! Mark and I got the "Best Knee Slapper" award; I guess because we were the only ones doing country songs. "Mun" tied for the "Most likely to go to Broadway" award. Each child who performed, and there were maybe five, got an award. Every one did a great job, and it was a good event that raised some money for the "Cantorial Corps." This a group of teens under the tutelage of the cantor. This was also their first talent show ever, but I think the cantor felt it was a success and will do it again.

Mark then went to Epcot for lunch and to walk around the countries to see the holiday displays.I included one of his photos.

I went home for a quick second meal of the day (only time for two yesterday) and then up to the ballroom for the last concert. Another sell out crowd! It was fun and the lady in front of me was fine and did not have any problems last night. She said she was wearing a wig Saturday night that caused her to get overheated. Obviously, she didn't do that again. It was a great performance.

Today Mark and I are going to have an easy morning in the house until after lunch. I plan to wrap the remaining holiday presents that are here. After lunch we will head to Animal Kingdom for the special "Jingle Jungle Parade" and then the Osbourne Lights at the Studios. It's going to be 80 degrees and sunny! I am eating all three meals at home, so no temptations that way. I have had three good days of calories so far and expect today to be the same. I've had walks and increased activity every day, so I feel I am losing the fluid weight that I recently gained. I feel more in control, thanks to Evey. I am actually looking forward to weighing in this Wednesday.

Enjoy your Monday wherever you may be and whatever you may be doing.

2 comments:

  1. Actually I went to see the native story tellers explaining the holidays that are celebrated in their countries. From the young lady in the American pavilion explaining Chanukah, to the mischievous Norwegian gnome who plays tricks if he does not receive Porridge, to China's Monkey King, to the Moroccan drummer who explained Ramadan, the Holidays around the world festival was another EPCOT day of discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe next year I'll get to go with you!

    ReplyDelete