Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Osborne Lights!









After doing some chores in the house in the morning, Mark and I spent the afternoon and evening at WDW. Yesterday was Walt Disney's birthday, so what better way to celebrate that occasion than a trip to the park bearing his name.

First stop was the Animal Kingdom to see the holiday parade. The best way to see that parade is with a shot of whiskey in front of the Tusker House restaurant. Perfect view, a table, and a drink! Then the real secret is that the parade comes back around to the same point after about 10 minutes, but by then everyone has left the area. Then you have a front row seat as they come straight towards you! I got great pictures. We also took the time to wander back in the Camp Minnie/Mickey area to see some characters and their theme-decorated trees. Our favorite was Thumper because we had never seen him out before!!

When it was getting to be around 5:30, we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Lights. They are amazing. Mr. Osborne recently passed away this year, so we were thinking about that at the time, too. I posted some pictures here of the parade and of the lights, but the pictures cannot even begin to represent the magic of the lights. If you have never been to see them, it is worth the trip! If that doesn't put you in a holiday mood, nothing will.

I walked and walked and walked my legs off yesterday. Even though I ate a sugar free strawberry parfait at the studios with Mark for a snack and had a shot of Crown Royal at AK, I'm sure I did very well for my daily calories. We ate all our meals at home.

Today I'm a bit more worried because both lunch and dinner will be out. We are driving a bit over two hours to the Gulf Coast today to take a luncheon cruise out of the St. Petersburg area. We're pretty excited about it, and I just LOVE being on boats of any kind. This is a joint holiday party with our NARFE chapter joining a chapter over in the Tampa area. As far as we know, though, only we and one other lady from our chapter are actually going. Whatever. The menu is fixed, and we are having the vegetarian option. Hopefully, that will keep the calories reasonable.

Then tonight is the Guys and Dolls cast party. We are having a tilapia plated dinner, so I hope those calories aren't too bad either. There is an open bar, but I know Mark will watch what I do! LOL!!

I weighed in this morning, unofficially, and it was GREAT. I don't what to say what it is here in case it's more tomorrow. I will definitely post the week's results tomorrow, but this is the first time I've felt good about a whole week in a month or more.

5 comments:

  1. been missing your blog since Best Buy is still working on my computer!

    Picture of you is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robin. I hope you can get your computer back up and running soon. Have a Happy Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    I had to change my email. It is rhondawysonghelt@gmail.com I lost your email in the switch. Sometime when you have time could you give me your new email?

    Your pictures are beautiful. Congratulations on a good weigh in. I hope that your numbers are great later this am when you weigh in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, my mind isn't clear cause I was just woken up by a crazy phone call. I meant to say could you send your email to my new email address sometimes when you have time. I love keeping in touch with you and am disappointed that I did not realize how to save contacts when I just changed e mails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda,
    I'm heading out to the radiation oncologist for my check up in just a few minutes and then some other errands. I'll be sure to send you my email when I get home! Glad to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete