Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy at home, but boring blog entry.

Yesterday we had a lovely Disney day.  First, we went to the movie, "The Watch." It is a sci-fi comedy with Ben Stiller and was much better than we expected.  After that, we had a veggie chili lunch at Pollo Campero, one of our faves.  That was followed by an outdoor concert at Downtown Disney of the Neverland Pirates.  It's a group that plays for a Disney pre-school cartoon show called "Jake and the Neverland Pirates," loosely based on Peter Pan.  Very crowded with little kids!!  Then the big event: we renewed our annual Disney passes for the third year in a row.  Whoo!  Hoo!!  That was fun.

Today I spent all morning trying to figure out what to pack for our big trip out west.  I think I got it. I actually made a list of every day and what I could wear.  We have touring in hot Nevada, business casual in a freezing hotel plus a formal banquet, and then more touring and fun with Evey and Eric.  That's a lot of days and a wide variety of styles of clothing, so I got a great head start on that project.  Most of the clothes I need are now laying out on the spare room bed. I am hoping they all fit into my two suitcases, and I'll have to pay lots of luggage charges.

I played Mahj for only 90 minutes, but I won three games in that time.  Nice.  I cut the Mah Jongg time so that I could go with Mark to the doctor for a follow up to his ER visit.  The PA said all looked well and that he should be thankful.  She suggested it might have been a spasm of the colon and some Advil might do the trick if it happens again.  I hope it's something that simple. The doctor's visit was followed by a quick trip to the gym for our weight routines and then back home. Mark made a delicious meat chili tonight for dinner. Scrumptious!

Tomorrow he has a deep cleaning at the dentist for his gums and hopes to see a dentist about some pain in another tooth.  Teeth are really causing us both some concerns right now.  Other than the dentist and a few things to pick up at Publix, the rest of the day tomorrow will be mostly packing and getting things ready for the trip.  We fly out of Orlando at 6:30 a.m. Thursday, which means leaving the house by 4 a.m.!  Not much sleep Wednesday night.  I am taking my laptop and I WILL be setting it up on this trip. I have to keep uploading photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment