Monday, August 6, 2012

Sixty-Two!

I am now 62 years old.  I applied for my social security benefits, which will start in October, so I think that makes me officially OLD!  So far it feels pretty good.

When I was 33, my mother died.  She was only 58.  I had the thought that I only had 25 years of life left because I had the fear that I would also die at that age.  When I was 38, my father died. He was 62 and 9 months.  That became my next goal. I thought if I could live to 62 then I'd be doing pretty good.  I must admit that when I got the breast cancer diagnosis in 2010 I felt that perhaps I wasn't even going to make it to 62. Now I want that extra nine months.  I guess that makes my next goal May 2013.

Well, not really!!  I want MUCH more than nine months. I have a long list of things I want to do!!  Not the least of which is to live long enough to see some grandchildren!  (I hope my kids are reading this today!! LOL!!)


This is also a big anniversary!  Today it is exactly two years since we bought our house.  I will always remember buying this beautiful house in Poinciana on my sixtieth birthday.

Today, Mark is taking me out to breakfast at the Captain's Grille at the WDW Yacht Club Resort.  We really haven't been there before, so that's exciting.  Then we will come back home so I can play Mah Jongg, like every Monday afternoon, with my neighbors.  At 7:30 tonight we have a dinner reservation at Mama Melrose's restaurant in the Disney Hollywood Studios.  It used to be one of our favorite restaurants when the kids were little, but then the chef and menu changed.  We stopped going. On Mark's birthday I checked the restaurant's menu and decided it was all different. I decided then and there to have dinner there on my birthday.  Below are some pictures I took in March on Mark's birthday of Mama Melrose. I'll be taking more pictures today, so you will see them tomorrow!

And the Orioles won in the tenth inning yesterday, 1-0.  What a game!  I think that was an early birthday present for me.

I hope everyone has a spectacular day.  That's my birthday wish to all of you.  After all, it's your UNbirthday today, and you should celebrate!





2 comments:

  1. Becky,
    Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda. It's going great so far! I'll post pictures on the blog tomorrow and send out an email album tonight as well.

    ReplyDelete