Friday, August 31, 2012

NARFE Convention

The convention is over. It was very interesting to see how the process of making changes to the rules and by-laws took place, as well as resolutions. The speakers and the entertainment were all excellent. Tuesday night was "Nevada Night" with a Mark Twain impersonator as the entertainment. Wednesday night we went to the National Car Museum and tonight was the banquet. Mark and I danced until our feet hurt. I figured this was a good thing because I've been eating way too much.

 As you know, the computer has been acting up like crazy. Mark spent a lot of time on this trip trying to diagnose and correct it. I'm currently online, so I figured I should do as much as I can before something else goes wrong! In general this road trip through Nevada has been a blast. I'm going to try to post a few pictures on this blog of a couple of our stops. I haven't uploaded all of the pictures yet, so I'll post a few each day that I can write a blog.

Tomorrow we are heading to Sacramento. We are going to check into the same Red Lion Motel near Sacramento that we used last year. Saturday will be another relaxing day poolside. Then Sunday and Monday will be a lot of fun in Old Sacramento for the Gold Rush Days. Laverne and Kelly are going to join us Sunday. Tuesday we arrive at Evey's place and will take her and Eric out to dinner to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. I can't wait. I have not seen them since last December.

The first picture is me with a statue of Helen Stewart, an original rancher in Las Vegas. 
The second one is Mark at the old Mormon Fort, right next to the site of Helen Stewart's ranch house. 
A view of the Hoover Dam from the new bridge is next.
The fourth picture is me pretending I'm climbing on boulders!  I actually had to have Mark help me up.



 The next set of pictures is from the road trip out of Las Vegas and into Ely.
The two pictures are of Mark and me hiking in the state park near Caliente.
Third is Mark outside an old hotel and saloon in Pioche.
The next three are in Ely at the railroad museum. 
The last two are the charcoal ovens outside of Ely.









No comments:

Post a Comment