Saturday, August 11, 2012

Never set up the laptop

I know I promised to take my laptop on the little two night overnight trip we took (and I did take it), but I never even took it out of the case.  Sorry about that.  I didn't take the camera either, so there are no pictures.

Our two day trip was relaxing.  It was a lovely Comfort Suites hotel in the Tampa area and we spent the day lazing by a pool and eating out. Ha ha ha ha !!  I know what you're thinking.  That's what we do when we're home, too, but hey!  It's a different pool and different restaurants.  Well, we had a nice time. 

Although we ate well, I didn't gain any more weight. That's not saying much because I left at 258 and returned the same, but I guess I swam enough to stay the same.  Each day I made sure to swim about 30-40 minutes, sometimes twice in  the day. 

We had dinner at home last night.  Today we went to shul and then just stayed indoors the rest of the day. I did a lot of reading while we were gone. I was determined to finish an Anne Perry Victorian mystery book that was 402 pages!  I finished it last night.  Excellent.  Today I'm trying to finish a nonfiction book about a husband and wife who spent several years circumnavigating the globe in a 42 foot ketch.  Fascinating. I'm a bit over half way.  I want to finish this one so I can start one of the three fantastic books that Lowell sent me for my birthday. I also want to read The Sound and The Fury for a book discussion here in Solivita that I think is in September.  Lots of reading to do!


2 comments:

  1. Becky,

    I'd forgot about this short mini vaca and was worried when there were no posts. Glad you enjoyed it. Sounds so relaxing. I'll try to email soon as we've not talked in ages. I keep up here but an email conversation would be great too. I also need to email Rhonda as it has been ages there too. Life just moves along but I'm not complaining one bit.

    Hugs,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juanita,
    Good to hear from you! I follow you on Facebook, so I feel like I know a little about how things are going for you. You had your two year anniversary, which is AWESOME. Congratulations. I'd love to hear more in an email!!
    Take care and thanks for the comment,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete