Friday, August 24, 2012

Using Mark's iPad.

My laptop has not been able to connect to any hotel Internet systems. Mark worked about three hours one night trying all kinds of things to fix it, but nothing worked. Tonight we have checked into the Hotel Nugget in Sparks, Nevada. I thought I would try to write a blog on his iPad. At least the keyboard is bigger than on my Kindle. Our trip has been amazing so far. We went from Las Vegas to Caliente, Pioche (a town with more murders than Deadwood, Tombstone, and Dodge put together), Ely, Wells, Elko,and Winnemucca. Each town has had its charm and interesting points of interest related to the railroads and the wagon trains going to California. I've been making photo albums as I go, and I hope to upload them and email them out eventually. We are holding out hope that the computer will work at Evey's house. If not there, then surely when we get home on September 10. Meanwhile, tomorrow we are going to Virginia City for a train ride and then to the state capital of Carson City for more museums. Saturday should find us resting around the hotel pool before the NARFE Convention begins Sunday. I will probably not write another blog until we get to Sacramento on Labor Day Weekend for the Gold Rush Days. My girlfriend Laverne and hubby Kelly are going to come and hangout with us on that Sunday. As for food and weight? There's been some great food! I didn't pack my scale, so I have no idea about the weight. My best guess is that I'm gaining, but I'm having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment