Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I voted.

Yes, I voted today. That's what my sticker says!

Mark and I had several errands before we went to the polls (dentist, shoe store, post office, grocery store), but we finally made it to the Starlite Ballroom, our polling place, around 2:15 today.  There was absolutely no line, so it did not take us long to go in and vote.  It was a great feeling to vote today in our community.

I certainly hope the fact that there was no line does not mean that the people in Solivita don't care enough to come out to vote.  Maybe it just means they all got there earlier in the day.  People here are kind of early-birds, so we can hope that's what it was.  They certainly aren't waiting until they get off work!  At least not the majority of them.

Mark got no real satisfaction from the dentist visit.  She didn't see anything on the xray to indicate that he needs a root canal, but there was nothing to show why he's having pain either. It was just like his trip to the ER for his abdomen.  He got a deep cleaning on half of his mouth, so at least that was productive.  We were also able to make our next appointments in September.  Geez, it just seems like we go to the dentist way too often anymore.

When we were in the grocery store today, I noticed a whole line of products that had zero carbs and zero calories. These included tomato basil spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce, marshmallow dip, caramel dip, three flavors of jelly, bacon ranch dressing (KOSHER!  Can you believe it?), and among the many more too numerous to name was my favorite, peanut spread. It looks just like peanut butter, so I bought it and was hoping it would be a fun snack to eat on a spoon instead of the 190 calories in real peanut butter.  YUCK!  I took a teaspoon and I thought it was nasty.  It was very salty and light, fluffy, mousse like texture.  It really didn't have any peanut butter taste to it at all.  I didn't even finish my teaspoon.  On the other hand, Mark thought it was great!  Now come ON!  Which of us needs to cut calories?  I might give it another chance.

Tomorrow night we are going to try the zero carbs, zero calories spaghetti sauce on our 40 calorie a plate shiritake noodles. There will be some calories added to the sauce from the veggie crumbles and parmesan cheese, but the dinner will be under 200 calories.  I'm not sure Mark can survive if he keeps eating this stuff.  Maybe it will be foul, like the peanut spread.  I'll let you know.

After my late lunch, I'm going to pack my suitcases!  The trip is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment