Sunday, August 5, 2012

O-R-I-O-L-E-S!!! Go Os!!

Guess where we're going today?

Yup! St. Petersburg to see the Tampa Bay Rays play the Orioles.  This is the last game of a three game series.  Tampa killed us on Friday, but we killed them last night.  This is the rubber match, and I hope they win.  We've gone to see them live twice already this season, in June in Florida and in July in Maryland.  They lost both of those games. Maybe today we will see a win!  If not, there's still one more chance.  The Rays play the Orioles at home for the last game of the regular season on October 3.  If we can get tickets at the box office today, we will be at that game, too.

Meanwhile, I will be wearing my brand new bright orange Markakis t-shirt that I bought when we went to Camden Yards on July 1 with Lowell, Emily, and her parents. When we moved down here, I only brought one Oriole shirt.  It is a gray one with a picture of Camden Yards on it.  Mark, on the other hand, has a bright orange shirt that was a freebie given at a game once.  After wearing the gray one last season and in June, I decided I wanted to be a more obvious Oriole supporter.  So now I will also be sporting bright orange.  Mark and I have matching Oriole hats that were give-a-ways at a previous game a few years ago in Baltimore. I have socks, too!!  Yes, I will be all-over-Oriole today!

Following up on yesterday's post on Mark, he walked in the morning, then swam and swam and swam and drank several bottles of water and ate only one little string cheese for breakfast.  By 2 p.m. he had gotten down to 145.  We were very happy! He had his usual lunch and dinner and took his Metformin.  Two hours after the pill he was 125, which is his normal two hours after dinner.  He even ate some popcorn later!

It just proves that these drugs work!  Back in February when he forgot his metoprolol for his heart, he could barely move.  When he was denied his Metformin, his blood sugar rose. His cholesterol is perfect thanks to simvastatin. YUP!  These drugs work and are giving him a longer, better life.  Modern pharmacology is awesome!

On the other hand, I walked and swam and drank water, too, but I also ate just enough to maintain.  I am still up the two and a half pounds that I reported yesterday.  Sigh.  

And this is the last day that I can say I am 61 years old.  Yes, the last day!  I'm going to make it a good one, and it would be nice if the Orioles could help with that.  Go Os!


No comments:

Post a Comment