Friday, September 21, 2012

Back to Disney




We have not had a chance to go to Disney in many weeks, so it was a lot of fun to be at Downtown Disney yesterday with our friends Barb and Al.  It was a low key day there because we decided not to go to a park, instead we met near the Ghirardelli store where I gave Barbara my Disney jigsaw puzzle.  What better person to pass this on to!  I bought it for myself about six months ago, put it together in a record three days' time, and then just let it sit on the table on my lanai, unwilling to break it apart.  Last week I actually picked up another one, so I needed the table again.  I thought of Barb right away, and, surprisingly, she didn't already have it.  A shiddach was made!  LOL!

Once we got caught up on each other's news for a little bit, they suggested that we take a walk around Village Lake, that huge lake that is surrounded by Downtown Disney and Saratoga Springs Resort.  We didn't even know it was possible to walk around that lake!  It's a smidge over two miles; I know this because I used my RunKeeper app on the phone!  There were some benches and some rocking chairs along the way for a few short breaks, which was nice.  It took us about an hour, including our one long rest stop in the rocking chairs.

When we got back, we had lunch at the Earl of Sandwich.  I ordered a turkey sandwich with just lettuce and tomato and the creamy tomato soup with croutons. It's not what I had planned to have, but I was ravenous after that walk. After all, I had only had an 80 calorie yogurt that morning for breakfast.  I estimated the soup and sandwich combination to be 750 calories.  I  had a salad with grilled tilapia for dinner at Lakeside, probably less than 250 calories.

After we said good-bye to Barb and Al, we went to the pool.  It was supposed to rain, but it never did.  We were able to swim for awhile and take a much needed nap in the shade on a chaise lounge.  Then we went to our favorite bar where they were serving a special drink, Caramel Latte. NO, this was definitely NOT a Starbucks style latte.  It was caramel vodka, espresso vodka, and half and half. It could be hot or cold, so Mark and I both chose cold. On ice, it was unbelievably delicious!.  I estimated its calories in the 220 range.  With dinner I had a special drink also. I was going to get white zinfandel, but they offered me their special. It was moscato with pomegranate and orange juices on ice.  Also very tasty.  Well, my calories came to about 1450 yesterday, but I walked off 225 of them.  I think it was a great day.

Today I am going to spend four hours in the salon. I'm having what I call "The Works" and the salon receptionist calls "The Whole Shebang!"  Either way, it takes awhile and includes a spa pedicure, gel nails, hair color and cut, and waxing.  Whoee!!  Can we say, "I'm pampering myself today"?  YES, we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment