Thursday, September 6, 2012

Playing with a Mac

I am sitting at Evey's house playing with a Mac Air.  It's certainly very light and cute. It doesn't get hot on my lap either.  It's easier to use than I thought it would be, even on my lap, which I never do at home.  Evey says I can take it  back to the hotel and play with it all night and tomorrow.  This is a borrowed laptop from Apple.  I don't know if that's safe!  It's a loaner, so what if I break it?  LOL!

So I'm going to take it to the hotel and see if I can log onto that internet. I might try uploading some pictures from today when I get back.  We shall see.

Meanwhile today was amazing.  It started out cold and a little drizzly and foggy. Our plan was to go to a beach.  LOL  Not exactly a beach day.  Still, we went.  We ended up walking almost a mile each way and got some good exercise.  It was breezy and cool, but our jackets were enough.  The beach was Baker Beach in Golden Gate State Park, so we got some great views of the bridge.  Then we drove around the park, saw some more great vistas, and tried to go get my national parks passport stamp. I was very disappointed when I got there and discovered it was closed on Wednesdays.

Next we found an amazing pizza parlor on Union Street.  I heard from Barbara N. on Facebook that it was National Cheese Pizza Day, so we got an amazing extra cheese pizza there.

Our next activity was a harbor cruise on the Blue and Gold Fleet off Fisherman's Wharf.  We took a 60 minute cruise out under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz, and back. It was AWESOME!  I stood on the bow and just didn't even care how cold and windy it was.  I love boats!

It was rush hour driving back to Evey's apartment, so it took us about an hour and forty-five minutes.  I was exhausted.  We picked up Evey and drove to the nearby town of Campbell because we learned there was a kosher restaurant there.  It was so delicious.  Mark and I got a a chicken and beef mixed grille that was spiced perfectly.  Evey got fallafal and pronounced it delicious as well.  Fun.

Then we came back to the apartment where Evey let me play with this Mac Air.  I think it's time to go back to the hotel now because it's after 11 p.m. already.  Tired but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment