Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Home, Sweet Home

Mark and I really enjoyed coming home last night, but it sure was a long process.  We left our hotel in Sunnyvale, CA at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time and arrived at our house at 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time.  That was a solid 12 hours of actual travel time.  Jet lag is tough in the west to east direction!  I couldn't fall asleep until nearly 2 a.m. after unloading the car and unpacking one suitcase.  Then the alarm went off at 6:30.  YIKES!  I don't know when Mark actually got up, but for me it was 7:30.  Not much sleep, but it's a good way to jump back into the Eastern time zone.

I made a list of things to do today, and it's a surprisingly long list.  Obviously laundry and blogging are two of the top things to be done. I haven't started the laundry, but hey, here's the blog!

Yes, of course, I jumped on the scale first thing this morning. It's not good, but it's not nearly as bad as I had feared. I gained six pounds in the 25 days we were gone.  Could be worse because we REALLY ATE a LOT!  There was a lot of walking, too, so I guess that saved me.

I downloaded the Lose It! program on to my phone on Mark's birthday, March 12.  At that time I put down my current weight, which was 263.2.  Over the course of the next four months, I had gotten down to 245.  I worked my way back up to 257 right before we took off for this trip, and this morning I weighed exactly 263.2 again.  So according to Lose It!, I have done NOTHING since March 12. LOL!! 

Honestly, I was afraid it was going to be much worse.  When I returned from the cruise in January, I was 268, so I did a little better than that! 

Now I'm committed to going back to the 240s.  Ultimately, I'd like to stay in the 220s, but first things first.  I know that I can hit 245 again pretty quickly if I do all the right things.  What are the right things?  Well, let's see...
1.  Log in every calorie.
2.  Keep the calories between 1200 and 1500 every day.
3.  WALK!  At least five days a week for 30 minutes at a time.
4.  Drink 4-8 glasses of water daily.
5.  Go to the gym for the weight routine three days a week.
6.  Eat out LESS often!  And when I do, skip appetizers, desserts, and alcohol.  (Well, maybe some wine now and then or a shot of whiskey on the rocks. LOL!)

If I watch portion sizes and make good choices in restaurants (which I absolutely did NOT do on this trip!), then even eating out should not be a problem.  For purely monetary reasons, Mark and I plan to eat most meals at home for quite awhile because we need to save some money!!  There are definitely some times that we will be eating out in the next four weeks, so I need to make better choices.  It's not my strong point. I seem to throw all will power out of the car window on the way to restaurants.  Well, I will just keep working on that.

My email friend Rhonda sent me a letter reminding me not to beat myself up too much over the weight gain.  She's right, of course, and she always gives me good advice and encouragement. Thanks, Rhonda!  I will do just that. It's more important to give yourself positive messages than negative ones.  My positive message to myself for today is that I didn't gain as much as I had feared and that I do know how to correct it.  I can do this!

In four weeks, we will have company for a week. I expect there will be a lot of eating out during that time.  Also the Epcot Food and Wine Festival will begin soon.  I have to work to control these events. It's not my strong point for sure!

So, tomorrow is Weigh-in Wednesday.  Even though I was 263.2 this morning, I plan to weigh in tomorrow and post it on the blog.  Because I KNOW I will be eating right today, exercising some, and going out to the new season of Guys and Dolls rehearsals tonight, I expect to be down a pound or two tomorrow.  That will be encouraging.

So time to move to laundry and other chores.  It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment