Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I survived Rosh Hashana

And by that title I mean my weight survived!  I LOST weight this week. I guess there wasn't really any doubt because I was hopping on the scale every morning and even wrote about it in some of this week's blogs.  My official weigh-in is 255.6, a very exciting number.  It means I have lost 7.6 since last Tuesday, our first day  home from that big trip, and an official 4.6 for the week since last Wednesday.  I'm pretty happy; however, "exciting" is relative since I'm still just losing and gaining the SAME WEIGHT.  When Reuben left in June, I was about nine pounds less than this.  I really shouldn't get excited until I get below the 240 mark.  Sigh.  Still, I like to take little victories where I can.  I did what I was supposed to do, and I was rewarded for it with an appropriate weight loss. I can't ask for anything more than that.

Mark and I are going to do our weights and walk 30 minutes today somewhere, somehow.  We have lots of household chores to do, and we are still planning to get to a 1:05 movie up at The Loop to see the Disney film, The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  It's supposed to rain this afternoon and evening pretty hard, so our walking could end up indoors at the track or on the treadmill.  We'll see. All I know is that it must be done.  I know for sure that losing weight on the second week of any diet plan is WAY harder than losing on the first week.  I'm also going to do a lot of eating in restaurants this week.  Tomorrow I will end up having lunch and dinner out.  On Tuesday I will have lunch and dinner out also.  Restaurants are still hard for me, so I'll be interested in seeing how I handle this upcoming week.

And how about them O's!!!!!!  We won last night in the EIGHTEENTH inning; that's like playing a double header without a break.  Now we are once again tied for first place in the AL East because NY got rained out.  They are playing a double header today while we play our third game against Seattle. Mark and I are hoping that we sweep the Mariners with another win tonight and that the Yanks lose twice!  LOL!  I know the Yanks won't lose twice, but the odds are they will split the double header.  If we win and they split, we will still be tied for first place!  This has been the BEST baseball season in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment