Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's Saturday.

I promised you a blog on Saturday, so here it is!

Mark and I enjoyed our mini-vacation at the All Star Resort. I thought we were going to the Sports Resort, but it turned out it was Music.  We were in the Broadway section, always fun.  We had some time for some swimming in the grand piano shaped pool in the afternoon, a huge dinner at Landry's Seafood House, and then an easy drive to shul for the Kol Nidre/evening of Yom Kippur service.  Being at the resort made it very easy to drive back in the middle of the afternoon Wednesday for a nice nap before going back to services.  We ate a late night dinner to break the fast at the food court around 9 p.m. and were really surprised at how crowded it was at that time!

Spending two nights at WDW was a real splurge and luxury, but we will probably do it again.  It also made the whole Yom Kippur experience smoother.

Thursday's Travel Club trip to the Chihuly exhibit in St. Petersburg was also a lot of fun.  It made it a very early morning, but we slept on the bus.  We had never heard of Chihuly and his method of blowing glass, but we sure learned a lot.  The private collection in the museum was amazing.  We especially enjoyed watching the demonstration at the Hot Shop nearby.  Scary, hot, and beautiful!  The man created a beautiful cobalt blue plate in the Chihuly style, which was awesome.

When we got back,we walked up to the Grille for dinner.  We spoke with people we knew at FOUR separate tables!  I love living here. It's like a small town.  It's just so much fun and so warm to be greeted by neighbors,  fellow singers in Guys and Dolls, and people from the Cancer Support Group.  Lovely.

Yesterday wasn't so much fun. I spent four hours in the morning at the dentist.  She took off the bridge and  pronounced the front tooth "mush."  She said it had a cavity in it, not much was left, and what was there had turned to mush. It must be pulled.  The xrays seemed to show that the tooth in the back was fine, so she began the preparations to put a permanent crown on it.  Oops!  The xrays were wrong.  As soon as she started working on it, she discovered the tooth was completely cracked in half. It also must be pulled. I wanted to go get it done immediately, but the oral surgeon wasn't available.  The dentist built me a temporary bridge to cover these sick teeth up again and made me an appointment for Tuesday.  I spoke to the oral surgeon's office myself and they were very iffy.  They may or may not pull them on Tuesday; they may or may not use general or local anaesthesia.  So I don't really know what's going to happen. What I'm hoping for is to get these two teeth pulled on Tuesday under a general anaesthesia.  We will see.

Then it's a six to eight week recovery before a partial plate for the missing three teeth can be made.  What a long process, but it's best to get it started.

As for my weight, considering I swam fifty minutes on Tuesday and ate only dinner on Wednesday, I managed to gain FIVE pounds in three days.  Ridiculous.  I was 252.1 Tuesday morning and 257.8 Thursday morning.  I had hoped it was just water weight from sodium in the restaurant food, but yesterday, even though I ate only 1500 calories, I stayed the same this morning.  Whatever.  I'm behaving myself again today.  Maybe tomorrow will show a loss.

Soon I will be going up to the gym for the weight routine and a half hour walk.  That's bound to help.

HUMPH!  Mark and I decided to take a twenty minute nap before exercise.  Bad Idea!  I slept about 35 minutes, but he slept nearly three hours.  He got up at 6:30, so we took a twenty minute walk just in our neighborhood and skipped the gym.  Oh, well...best laid plans....




2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you that you can get the teeth pulled under general anesthesia on Tuesday and be done with the pain.

    I hope that you have a better day tomorrow than yesterday was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    Thanks a lot. I hope so, too.!! Glad you are doing better. Back to work now?

    ReplyDelete