Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Kol Nidre is tonight

I am not going to write a blog until at least Saturday after this morning.  Here's why.

Today we are leaving in a few hours to check in to the All Star Sports Resort. I explained yesterday why we are doing this two day resort stay. I think it's going to be fun to have lunch in the food court and swim in the pool this afternoon.  For the big dinner before the fast we have decided to use our new Landry card that we purchased back at Yak and Yeti when Reuben was down here.  There are several Landry restaurants near Disney.  Then we will use the food court again to break the fast Wednesday night and for breakfast Thursday morning.

At 6:45 the Kol Nidre service begins, and so does the big fast.  No food or water or major bathing until after 8 p.m. Wednesday.  This is always difficult.  Of course, if your health is jeopardized by this fast, then you must not fast. I did not fast when I was pregnant, nursing, or sick.  One year I developed diverticulitis and went to the ER.  Yikes.  Both Mark and I will take a minimum amount of water to take all of our pills at the appropriate times, so don't worry about that.

I have decided not to take the latop to the All Star Resort.  I will be busy all day over there and then too tired and hungry to type a blog on Wednesday.  Thursday morning we are having a 6 a.m. breakfast at the food court before rushing back to Solivita to hop on the bus to St. Petersburg for a day with the travel club.  We are unsure when we are returning, but I we think it will be late.  If by some chance we get back early and I'm not too tired, I might write a blog then.

On Friday at 8 a.m. I will be at the dentist's office again having my bridge removed.  They'll look at the two teeth underneath of it and decide what to do from there.  If the teeth are no good, a temporary crown will be put back on just to hold me over to seeing the oral surgeon to have them pulled. If they are ok, I'll still have the temp crown to hold me over to the next appointment to have permanent crowns or another bridge built.  In any case, Friday will be many hours in the dentist's chair.

So...that's why I'm thinking Saturday afternoon is the earliest I'm going to feel like getting back on here to write a blog.  I'll update my weight at that time.  All this upcoming eating out might hold up some weight loss.  I'm not worried.  I know I can get back on track if I stray.  This morning I am down a half pound...ha ha!  Or two pounds or stayed the same.  Just depends on how the scale was feeling. I got on it three times within five minutes.  The first time said 252.8, down half; the second time said 251.8, down another one in just thirty seconds?  Then I got on one more time and was 253.3, same as yesterday.  Geez.  Make up your mind. Maybe I need a new scale.

OK, time to move on with the day and get away from this computer.  If you are fasting tonight and tomorrow, I hope it's an easy and meaningful one.  I pray that we are all written and sealed in the Book of Life.

Talk to you Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment