Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Labor Day Weekend

Last year on Labor Day Weekend we were all assembled in Boston for Evey and Eric's wedding on the Sunday.  This year they are off to Napa Valley for a weekend get-away which will include a hot air balloon ride, courtesy of Aunt Cindy's wedding present.  I'm so happy for them both. We will actually arrive in Santa Clara on Tuesday, September 4, which is their actual anniversary date, and take them out to a fancy dinner.

Here's a picture of the happy bride and groom on their wedding day.
Below is a picture of Eric and Evey with their good friend Jeremy Stone, who was the officiant at the wedding. He is presenting them with their wedding certificate.
 This is a picture of Aunt Cindy, who gave them the coolest wedding present of all, a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride. And that's Uncle Kip on the other side.
 One of the highlights of the day was Mark singing "I Loved Her First."  There was not a dry eye in the house.
 What a gorgeous couple!  I love you both very much, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you next week.  Your wedding day was just one of the BEST affairs I ever attended!!

Today is also Shabbat, so that usually means shul and pool, only today there is no shul.  We are about to head to the pool for the rest of the day.  Since it's Labor Day weekend, I might spend some time contemplating what the importance of labor is to this country.  Or I might just nap.  Whatever you are doing this Labor Day Weekend, I hope it's relaxing and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment