Monday, September 24, 2012

Kicking Back

Today I plan to have a very, very low key day.  For me and Mark that is really saying something.  There are people around here that think we are crazy busy all the time.  Mostly, they are right, too!

Not today!  I'm not crazy busy today.  Mark and I are going to go out this morning to drop his car off at the repair shop.  The trunk lid has had trouble shutting properly for over a year and last week it died completely.  It no longer shuts.  If we drop it off this morning, we can go back on Friday and get it. In between, we don't need a second car.  After dropping it off, I will drive him to his comic book store to pick up his weekly supply.  Hopefully, that will all be done by lunchtime so I can go play Mah Jongg at 1 p.m. with my neighbors. I have not played Mahj since my birthday, seven weeks ago. We will do our weights and take a walk after Mahj and that concludes the day's activities. 

Not at all an over-programmed, crazy day.  In fact, it's very much a low-key, regular Monday.

We had a lot of fun yesterday. We loved the movie, enjoyed lunch out, and walked nearly five miles as we played the Agent P game at Epcot.  It was very similar to the Kim Possible game that used to be there, but it was still amusing.  I was surprised at how many people were doing it.  In fact, sometimes we had to wait our turn, probably because it was a Sunday.

I ate only 1450 calories yesterday, but my Lose It! program gave me 500 calories from exercise, which meant I was under my limit by that amount for the day.  I was sweating a lot as we walked around for four hours and drank four full half-liter bottles of water.  All night long I hopped out of the bed to run to the bathroom!  I figured I must be down some weight this morning, and I was right. I'm down a pound today to 253.4.  Not too shabby.  I am still working on the weight from the trip to Maryland. I'm not going to be breaking new territory until I hit 245, but I feel in control and working toward that goal.

As the week concludes tomorrow, there could be a gain for Wednesday morning.  Mark and I are checking into the All Star Sport Resort tomorrow for Yom Kippur.  Disney offered us a cheap rate for Florida residents, only good at All Star Sports, so we snagged it.  We can play all day tomorrow in the pool, eat lunch in the food court, an early dinner out somewhere, and then make it to shul by 6:40 for Kol Nidre, the start of Yom Kippur.  Mainly we wanted to try the resort because it's a much shorter drive to the shul from WDW than from our house.  We can get back to the resort Tuesday night quickly and relax.  Then Wednesday afternoon it will be a nice easy drive back to All Star for a nap before concluding the holiday.  Breaking the fast will probably be at the All Star food court.  Then it's up at the crack of dawn Thursday because we have to be on a bus back in Solivita by 8:15 a.m. for an all day trip to St. Petersburg with the Travel Club.  Whoee!!  Our relaxing times are over come tomorrow!  But it's all good.  In fact, I won't even be weighing in again until Friday morning, so I won't be surprised that despite being down two pounds for the week today that I might show a gain for the week on Friday morning.  Non-stop eating out Tuesday through Thursday may definitely throw a monkey-wrench into the plans.

For anyone who celebrates Yom Kippur and is reading this blog, I would like to ask your forgiveness if I have offended or wronged you in anyway this past year.  I really mean that. I know that sometimes I get crazy and say something stupid.  If I have offended you at all, I hope you will forgive me.  I also hope you have an easy and meaningful fast as we all pray to be sealed into the Book of Life for another year.


No comments:

Post a Comment