Monday, December 17, 2012

Back home. It's nice.

It is always nice to come home and sleep in your own bed after a trip.  After this trip, it was especially nice because we both had been feeling under the weather for most of the cruise.  We have lots of chores on the docket for today. I just hope I have enough energy to do them.  At 1 p.m I would like to go play Mah Jongg, but I might cancel because it's probably not fair to my neighbors to take my germs to them.  If I stay home all day, I might not even get dressed!  Mark has to go out shopping because we have nothing in the house to eat.  If he didn't have to do that, you can bet he wouldn't get dressed today either!  LOL!

As for the weight gain during the cruise, it was not nearly as bad as I had feared.  I gained 2.5 pounds this week.  Heck, I can do that in a day right at home.  I went from 261 last Saturday morning when I last weighed in to 263.5 this morning.  I actually weighed that the week after Thanksgiving when the kids left.  It's NOT a number to be proud of, but I have done worse on cruises and vacations, so I will take the 2.5 pound gain and move on from there.

We have company arriving Friday, more on Saturday, and different ones next Tuesday.  There is a big luncheon at the synagogue on Saturday afternoon for our anniversary, a dinner out Saturday night compliments of the wedding party, a wedding and reception on Sunday, and then lots of fun with the company all next week.  Wow!  Many more opportunities to overeat OR many more opportunities to practice skills like portion control and making good choices.  We shall see.

Mark got me a really cool food scale for Hanukkah. Not only does it weigh the food, but if you put some info into it, it also calculates carbs, fats, some vitamin content, and other nutrients.  I have to read all the literature on it in order to figure out how to make it work! 

Here are a few pictures from the first few days of the cruise.  I'll post some more tomorrow.
On deck of the Carnival Valor in Miami, right after boarding.

Miami over my shoulder

Sail Away party and toasting to Rudy and Georganne.

Each night of Hanukkah we had a ceremony to light the next light in the lobby.

On the second day Mark was so sick that we had to take him to the medical center.

The South African nurse took his vitals.

This was as close as we came to taking our shore excursion to Atlantis in Nassau.  Sailing away from Nassau.

No comments:

Post a Comment