Friday, December 21, 2012

Silly Mayans

I never did believe that Mayan calendar thing that the world would end today.  Really.  Silly Mayans.  In fact, according to our tour guide at the Mayan ruins in Cozumel, who claimed to be descended from Mayans (so maybe that makes everything he said suspect.  I don't know.), the Mayan calendar, like all calendars, was just going to start over.  Hey, it's the first day of the new long calendar year in Mayan culture.  Happy Mayan New Year, everybody!

It's also Happy Anniversary to me and Mark.  On this date, at 12 noon, in 1975, Mark and I got married in Silver Spring, MD in a kosher catering place that no longer exists. Happy 37th Anniversary, Mark.  I love you more now than ever!  I'm pretty sure I put up these old photos from our wedding before, but here they are again anyway. 

Also today we are heading out to the airport to pick up our friends Saul and Phyllis Oresky.  They are spending three nights with us, so that we can all attend the wedding of Danny Herschler on Sunday.  He is the son of our good friends Dave and Evey Herschler, who are also flying down to Orlando today.  It will be nice to spend our anniversary and Shabbat dinner tonight with Saul and Phyllis.




Tomorrow we are throwing ourselves a luncheon party at our synagogue in honor of our anniversary.  It was an extravagance that I could only afford because the timing worked out right for my first Social Security check to arrive in time to cover the bill.  LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment