Saturday, December 1, 2012

Guys and Dolls Solivita Style

Last night was the opening night for the Guys and Dolls concert.  It was not a sold out performance, but it still looked like an awful lot of people, nearly 300.  Tonight will be a sold out performance of about 400.  Mark and about 10 of our neighbors are all going.  I have my little solo/duet at the beginning of "When You Believe" and a little solo at the end of it, too, as well as the descant for "Song for Unsung Heroes."  I love doing this, but my feet sure do hurt when it's done. LOL!

Mark and I decided to stay home all day today.  There was a double bar mitzvah today the shul, so we just played hooky.  We watched a lot of TV, read, played with jigsaw puzzle, played on the internet a lot, and took a little nap.  Soon it will be time for a very early dinner (4:30) because I have to be up at the ballroom at 5:25.  Whooee!  Ready for the second of the three performances. Maybe I can persuade Mark to take a few pictures of it so there will be something to post on tomorrow's blog.

We spent a good bit of time today thinking about the upcoming cruise on the Carnival Valor.  We leave next Saturday for Miami, and the cruise takes off on Sunday.  We will go to San Juan, somewhere in the Dominican Republic, Grand Turk, and Nassau.  I was having fun reading Cruise Critic reports and studying the ship's deck plans.  Mark has already booked some fun shore excursions.  It would have been so much more fun with our friends, but we will still go and enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment