Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wednesday...sad weigh-in

Let me start the blog with something positive.  We LOVED the movie, Les Mis, and the Chinese restaurant, Ming Court.  Everyone that comes to visit us now might just get dragged up I-Drive to eat there.

Today we were all tired, so we just slept in and had a relaxing time getting ready.  Around 11 we took Dave and Evey on the tour of our neighborhood, although because Evey's foot is in a boot, she didn't really get out and look at the gyms or stroll around like we usually do with guests.  They were interested in the model homes, so that was fun.  We only looked at four of them, but they fell in love with one of them.  They even met with the real estate agent to get all the information.  I don't know if they'll ever actually move here, but they are doing their research and Solivita is looking good.  Evey is already retired, and Dave plans to retire in one more year.  This is the time to do the research.

We ate a nice lunch at the Bistro up in the Village Center before returning home. Mark and Dave went to the store while Evey and I worked on my jigsaw puzzle.  When they got back, we watched some home movies, including the musical that Dave and Evey wrote back in the 1980s called The Last Resort.  Lots of fun. 

Tonight we are just chilling in the house.  We might watch another movie later. 

Now for the bad news.  I have done nothing but eat.  I am up 4.5 pounds from last week, weighing in this morning at 266.6.  I have not been this high in a LONG time, and it's higher than when we got off the cruise. I gained; I lost; I gained even more.  Yeah, that's bad.

Well, I had a good breakfast and a good dinner in the house. I ate one piece of cheese pizza and a veggie flatbread for lunch at the Bistro.  We shall see if tomorrow is any better.  It could be some of the weight this morning was from eating out at the Chinese restaurant last night.  Lots of sodium in Chinese food, usually.  Maybe next week will be better.  Sigh.

Here are some more pictures from Daniel and Rebecca's wedding.


This was at the Italian restaurant the night before the wedding  We are with Jeff and Sara and Saul and Phylis.


The beautiful bride getting made up for the wedding.


The bride and groom at the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment