Saturday, December 22, 2012

How I Spent my Anniversary

We picked Phyllis and Saul up at the airport and then waited with Dave and Evey until he got his rental car.  There was a bit of a snafu with that, so it took awhile.  Once Dave and Evey were settled with the car, the rest of us took off for lunch at Captain Cook's in the Polynesian Resort where I finally made my own Dole Whip!  Unfortunately, I just didn't have the time or appetite to make a big one.  Sorry, Barb and Al!  I know the size of my DW will be a disappointment to you. LOL!

Then we played Fantastia mini-golf, where Phyllis was the big winner. She actually shot FOUR holes-in-one.  I got two, Mark one, Saul got none.  Still, it was a HOOT to play with them.  The sun was warm, although the wind blowing made it feel chilly at times.  Mark made us a great dinner, and the four of us had a wonderful time watching an old video of a musical that Dave and Evey wrote in the early '80s called The Last Resort.  We did it as a fund raiser at our MD synagogue in 1986.  We sat around laughing at how thin we all looked, except Mark who looks exactly the same. 

Today we are heading off to our new synagogue where Mark will read Haftarah and we will all have a great catered luncheon afterwards.  Tonight we meet up with our friends Sara and Jeff.  They are coming to the house around 5.  This is their first visit, so that's exciting. Then all six of us go to meet Dave and Evey and the bridal party for a nice Italian dinner near WDW.  What a day!  It's our Anniversary Part Two, I guess.

Weight?  Don't ask.  Not good.  We'll talk about that later.  Maybe in the new year.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment