Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Epcot, Holidays around the World

Yesterday Mark and I did some chores in the house, including setting up two of the three new bookshelves in the den. It's looking nice in there.  I also rested, and I hope my cold improves soon. I actually think I do feel a little improvement this morning.

That's good because there is NO resting today!  It's back to the real world for the Silversteins.

Today we are going to Epcot to see the exhibits at the various countries.  All the countries have a little 15 minute show on how they celebrate the winter holidays. The USA pavilion actually has three of them.  They do something on Hanukkah and Kwanzaa as well as Christmas.  Mark went to it last year by himself. I can't remember what I was doing, but I'm guessing it was a rehearsal.  Anyway, we will spend the afternoon there, eat lunch at the fast food Chinese pavilion and dinner at the fast food Moroccan pavilion. Then we finish off the day by dropping off wine and grape juice at the synagogue for use at our kiddush luncheon on Saturday, and then a trip to our friends Barb and Al's house to visit awhile and enjoy their amazing holiday decorations.  I will post some pictures of it tomorrow!

Here are some pictures from San Juan.

Our ship, the Carnival Valor from the San Juan dock

Mark about to enter the San Cristobal fortress

Looking out at the Atlantic from the top of the fortress

Walking the l-o-n-g walk into the other fortress, El Morro.  This is actually at the halfway point. LOL

At a look out over the Atlantic in the El Morro fortress

Sailing past El Morro at the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment