Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fun at Epcot

Yesterday was Wednesday, but I forgot to comment on my weigh-in.  I was 261 yesterday morning, meaning I had lost the two and a half pounds gained on the cruise in just two days. Pretty good.

Unfortunately, I gained some back yesterday. 

This morning I weighed in at 262.1.  Hm....

Well, I blame it all on late night snacking at Barb and Al's house.  At her house, she generously offered us chocolate-covered raisins, salted mixed nuts, pastries, kettle-cooked potato chips, Oreos (which I brought as a gift), and white chocolate liqueur.  Remember when I wrote a few days ago about opportunities to make wise choices or stupid choices?  Guess which one I made last night?  Yeah. I blame it on the salty choices and it's only a pound.  I also suspect it will go away today just by behaving reasonably.

We didn't get to Epcot until about 2 p.m., and we had to leave by 6 in order to take wine and grape juice to the shul (and first we had to go to Publix to buy it!) and then go to Barb and Al's house.  So that left four hours to eat lunch, eat dinner, and see the countries.  I'm sure you can guess that it was not enough time  We saw the Holidays Around the World show in only five countries: Mexico, Norway, China, Japan, and Morocco.  They were all great, but as everybody said, Norway was REALLY cute!  I thought China was the most boring one and Japan was a close second to that.  They were okay; they were interesting; they just weren't quite as entertaining as Norway.  Mexico was good and Morocco was good. 

We couldn't eat the curried vegetables in China after all, because it turned out not to be vegetarian.  We were stunned.  It was the only potentially vegetarian option on the menu, so I guess there is no reason to go back to the Chinese fast food pavilion again. Instead we went into the Norwegian bakery because we knew they had some other options.  We ate a delicious hot vegetable souffle and drank a coffee with Bailey's.  Yum.  Dinner was as planned in Morocco, the vegetable platter.  That includes lentil salad, tabouli, two pieces of falaffel, hummus, couscous, a salad of lettuce, tomato, and onion, marinated olives, and a big piece of laffa bread.  (Anyone who knows me knows that I IMMEDIATELY made Mark take all of those olives off my plate!)

Mark ordered Moroccan wine, which was red, cold, and refreshing.  Why do I know that when I didn't order it?  That's an amusing story.  The man poured Mark's glass, and I took the tray away and went to a table.  When Mark finished paying and joined me at the table, he said the man wasn't finished pouring. The bottle had emptied and he was opening another. I hadn't noticed that part, but the glass looked full to me.  I told Mark the glass was full enough and he didn't need anymore. LOL!

Lo and behold, the man came to our table, said the same thing that Mark had said, and brought us a SECOND FULL glass!  Crazy. I didn't expect to like the wine, so I poured some of it into Mark's glass to top it off and finished the rest.  It was GOOD!  I would recommend trying the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco and the Moroccan wine if you are in Epcot.

All in all, it was a fun day with lots of walking, interesting stories, good food, and friends.  Not bad!

Here are a few pictures from Grand Turk and yesterday at Epcot.










No comments:

Post a Comment