Friday, December 7, 2012

TGIF

I realize that saying TGIF does NOT have the same effect when you are retired than it does when you are working.  For those reading this who have to go to work today, don't hate me.  LOL!

I'm just glad it's Friday because it's been a busy week and because it means I'm one day closer to my cruise.

I'm going to stay indoors all morning and catch up on some little chores that I have to do before we head out tomorrow afternoon for Miami.  There are a few more holiday cards to write, some tidying up to do, some laundry to finish, and a few errands to run.  I don't even have to rush.

I don't even think I'm going to pack until tomorrow because we don't plan to leave until between 2 and 3 tomorrow afternoon to head to Miami.  It's Shabbat, so we need to arrive after dark in order to check into the hotel and have dinner out.  The ship doesn't want us to arrive on Sunday until 1:30 in the afternoon, which is weird.  Usually we get there around 11 and have lunch onboard.  Carnival very clearly said arrive between 1:30 and 3, so the implication is that they are NOT giving us lunch.  Strange.  Sail-away is at 4:30 on Sunday.  We are starting to get very excited.

We had a lovely time at the holiday NARFE party yesterday.  This was at a new venue, a buffet with a private room.  We used to use Outback when it was closed for lunch, so we had the whole place to ourselves.  Then they opened for lunch and random people were sitting in our area and music was piped in, making it difficult to have a meeting.  Our president has been looking for a venue with a private meeting room, and this one is even on the very same street as Outback. I liked it.  It was also wonderful to see THREE tables full of Toys for Tots.  I brought a Hobbit Lego set and Mark brought a beautiful Belle doll.  There were so many things and such a wide variety.  Still, when we got home, we heard a news report that Florida is 50,000 toys behind on its collection so far.  Hopefully, people will start dropping things off.  Wal Mart is having a collection for one day, nationwide, today, we think.  We have one more toy to deliver, so we are really hoping our local Wal Mart is participating.

Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend.

TGIF!


No comments:

Post a Comment